Better performance

Helllo there, is there any article or forum topic what can I do to increase performance of the game on my computer? I am not really good with tech, but after 150-200 population, I am randomly jumping between 30 and 5 fps depending where I am looking at.

I would like to follow some tutorial what to turn on or off on my computer settings.

How can I get all my computer specs to post here?

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

The v.0.8.1 patch has just gone into playtesting and it’s mainly focused on improving optimisation of the game. If you want to give it a try go down to the PlayTesting Discussion section of the forum and look in the FAQ there for the code you need. Then in Steam right click on the game’s icon in your library, go down to Properties and then over to Betas. Select Playtest branch from the drop down and then put the code in and check it. Steam will then download the playtest for you to play.

Can i possibly still post here my computer specs to get more expert opinion whether I can even reach 1k population with it, without being fps lag fest? :confused:

If so, how do I find my computer specs that would help someone?

Thank you, just loaded Beta to try it out.

Allmeity, I had a similar experience with an old rig. It was highly specced but 5 years old. 8 cores, 16 threads, but the single core performance was low. The Unity scheduler operates on a single core, at least historically, thus even on multi-core CPUs the single core performance benchmark figure is key to outright performance. Most modern GPUs can keep up with the graphical duties. My new 12700K has no problems with FPS on this and now also my other Unity-based games.

1 Like