Biggest AoE skill

Guys, what’s the biggest range AoE skill and how potent is it for an endgame build? What about for leveling? Can it kill trash in one shot with self-found gear? Please link some relevant builds

Also, are there any builds that use something like Shadow Strike to proc a big AoE at the point of impact? Would love to try something like that (ZIIIP-BANG!).

Look up any Acid/Poison based character like Dervish or Witch Hunter. They’ll almost certainly take Taunted Eruption which is a big nova of Poison damage that hits about half the screen centred on your character.

1 Like

Olexra flash freeze

decently potent if supported with mageslayer’s set, and used as a support skill

OFF is amazing for levelling. Just pair it with greater fireblast

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2Mn6JWV

1 Like

Morgoneth set with 22/12 nightfall

2 Likes

Thank very very much!

Biggest AoE would be 6 Storm Totems set up in distance from one another.

Mortars anyone? :grin:

Noone mentioned Blackwater Cocktail? That’s disappointing. I thought you were better than this.

OFF literally covers 90% of the screen, though technically ya1 is right with his storm totem concept

Once every 6 seconds, while with Blackwater Cocktail you can set the world on fire. :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

But is it that important if it covers as much as the screen as possible? Or rather a good cover/consistency ratio. For instance Judgment, covers a bit less, but its more consistent via da shred, huge dot and flat damage ticks via HoW.

@romanN1: I personally agree with you, mate. but I was just trying to answer OP’s question

TBF though, OFF does offer great utility if backed with mageslayer

Ahhh no no, its ok Spanks, it wasn’t pin pointed towards you, just generally speaking and also adressed to the OP :D.

1 Like

Technically Totems aren’t AoE. They hit a number of single targets in an area but that number is limited. Mortars got crazy range but the AoE of each strike is small. I guess Spanks is right, OFF is the biggest.

Maxed judgement is also a huge aoe

1 Like

Which one of these AoE are easier to use for clearing MC with my first ever char with self-found gear?

A lot of them are good for that.

• OFF is great for clearing the screen of trash for all of Normal. After that it starts to taper off until you get the gear that makes it shine at end game (e.g. Mageslayer). You’ll want to pair it with 1-2 secondary skills for Bosses though like Greater Fireblast/Devastation.
  • Storm Totem is great from the moment you pick it up and start putting points in it till end game, especially if you pick up the modifiers that help it like the Groble Sky Effigy.
  • Transmuted BWC is great while levelling as well.
1 Like

Just scream at people so loudly they bleed to death. You’re not going to be leveling with war cry, but it’s a fun gimmick for an endgame warder. Also, these two items have the only “add damage to war cry” skill mods that aren’t aggressively awful.

2 Likes

Inquisitor’s Word of Pain was recently buffed. When properly scaled, it needs just a few clicks to cover 150% of visible area with high dmg ticks. Should be pretty good for leveling. It’s not a nuke though, it’s a ticking skill with huge range and huge AoE.

1 Like