Birds of Bysmiel - Pet Occultist

Hi, I am very interested in your build…have a question…where do u farm for the [Black Grimoire of Og’Napesh? i have the empowered version but i need the lower level version…i understand it’s random drop but where are the places that has higher chances of drop rates?

Unfortunately, it is completely random :frowning:

and speaking of the devil…i got it!

1 Like

hi there im new here and for now im trying this build a my second build since my first one is a little bit hard(let’s say i pick a wrong guide not for begginer one)is there any tips or trick how to setup filter option? thank’s anyway’s really easy using this fluffy guide and thank’s for step by step guide… hehe

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums and glad you like the guide :blush:

For filter options, personally I only filter out White and Yellow items. Even though we are going for a pet build, sometimes you want non pet items simply for the defensive stats like resistances for the player, especially during leveling.

wow big thank’s i though i won’t got any replay since i know this game is already old but i think the community still great…
ah i see thank’s alot man i’ll uncheck a pet filter then since i check them lol…

2 Likes

Heya Maya!

Im currently designing a Grim Dawn CCG, and havent touched the Pet aspect of it yet. This is mainly due to my minimal exposure to pets and pet builds, with the only build that somewhat qualifies as a pet build that I have played being @Contragor’s Immortal Army.

To be able to begin working on designing Pet mechanics and card interactions in my Grim Dawn CCG, I first need to learn and be exposed to their mechanics and interactions in the game, so I will be exploring many of your builds throughout this process to get familiarized.

I started this particular one in HC a few days ago and yeah its legit man, steamrolling through the early game and i havent come close to dying once.

So far, the most intriguing Pet ability I am seeing that Im very excited to design in card form is the Hellhounds blazing death. Its won me many battles throughout the first 2 acts in HC as a nuke, and is surprisingly effective. I never really knew it could be used like that before experimenting with this build, and you can bet that will carry over to the CCG!

Im looking forward to the rest of my journey following this guide, and will keep you updated and ask for your opinions on ideas for Pet mechanics and card design as i continue to work on the CCG.

1 Like

“How to hype Maya into making yet another Pet build: 101”

2x Exploding Hellhounds: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZyLPLmV

:stuck_out_tongue:

Also, best of lucks to your CCG and looking forward to hearing more about it :blush:

1 Like

Thanks man, just looking at this- Shard of Lost Souls specifically- already getting some ideas on Hellhound card mechanic exploitation! And this must be fun to play as well, -8 second skill recharge, thats amazing!

1 Like

Maya I love pets, but also love huge self sustain. I’m curious your thoughts on what’s the stronger for pushing higher or more dps and whatnot with pet vs Bloody pox dark one conjurer. I’m playing BP dark one right now but curious about changing to pets. I do love pets but am curious on if it’s better or should I stick with what I have.

1 Like

Hm…

Hmmm…

Hhhmmmmmmmm…

Why not a Dark one Pet conjurer instead :3 Nevermore - Dark_One Pet Conjurer

Build Updated :3

1 Like

Hey Maya!
I just bought this game and I LOVE this bird build, but I dont know how I can spend more points in devotion. I’ve spend like 32 points and now I can´t spend the rest. I dont know where Im stuck :confused:

1 Like

@Maya Just so you know, your grimtool link has the non-mythical version of the beastcaller shoulders :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t know if this matches exactly, but from her Fluffy Squishy Conjurer build

Purple > Shepherd’s
Green > Scholar’s
Remove Green > Toad
3 points in Rhowan’s Crown
Red > Jackal
Yellow > Lion
Blue > Eel
Typhos > Remove Shepherd’s > Remove Purple
Staff > Remove Jackal
Sailor’s > Stag > Solemn Watcher
Ishtak > Tree

Constellations can be self-supporting once completed so you can remove points from the Crossroads constellation or even remove a whole constellation.

You need to work out what affinities you’re missing then take a constellation that gives you that. Once you do that you should be able to fill in the next one and then remove the previous one providing you have enough of the particular affinity to support it.

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know. Fixed it :blush:

First of all, welcome to the forums :yum:

Now for the devotion order,

Purple > Shepherd’s
Green > Raven > 3 points in Rhowan’s Crown
Red > Jackal > Remove Red
Yellow > Panther > Typhos
Remove Purple
Eel > Sailor’s > Lion > Lizard
Solemn Watcher > Tree > Ishtak

Fluffy uses a unique devo path different from my other builds :stuck_out_tongue:
Most notably, it lacks Shepherd’s Crook as of 1.1.9.0 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Maya! :smiley:

And also thanks to @medea_fleecestealer medea :slight_smile:

1 Like

EDIT - It appears to be able to kill Crate superboss. Pic taken from the Reddit post.

1 Like

Where to farm Devil’s mask?

There is no such item.