Bizarrely specific conversion/DoT questions

I’m planning on making a cold Primal Strike character and it’s bringing to light a few niche aspects of conversion that I never quite figured out.

My understanding is this; since the conduit modifier that converts lightning/physical to cold is for Primal Strike specifically, it won’t convert the damage on Torrent since that’s technically a separate effect (same reason that Nightfall doesn’t get the cold-to-acid conversion from equipping Nightshade’s Reach). Further, DoT’s from the same source can’t stack with each other. So the DoT from, say, Stormcaller’s Pact lasts until its duration runs out or is overwritten by being reapplied at a higher damage rate (e.g, from a critical hit).

Now what I’m wondering is, since Torrent has a +% weapon damage component, what happens to that flat electrocute damage? It’s being converted to frostburn by the conduit but at least part of it still exists as electrocute on the Torrent skill. Does the electrocute damage get overwritten by the frostburn since it’s a smaller portion of the total damage? Or are these considered separate effects that can exist at the same time, even though they have the same source?

1 affect, 2 properties, if that makes sense.

all conversions are calculated together once and ratio’d if it exceeds 100%, i.e 150% lightning and 50% fire is 3/4 lightning 1/4 fire.

You could have some _____ to lightning conversion on your gear somewhere making a small % electrocute damage. transmuter’s in the mastery usually convert everything applicable, wep based, flat damage, etc.

Overall though the best way to get info on this stuff is to look at the skills damage in page 2 of character sheet with it bound to lmb or rmb. most of my understanding of conversion came from that.

Seperate effect. The rule is, same DoT from same source can not be stacked. Think like you’re bizarrely playing with physical Oppressor with RF. You don’t fire>physical conversion at all so your AA will hit both burn and trauma damage. Burn comes from main RF and Trauma comes from Retribition, technically they are the same source. So in your case they won’t be same DoT anymore even though all you do is hitting with your AA. And besides the conduit amulet, if you stack some global lightning>cold conversion; you can convert some of the DoT.