[Bleed Caster] Harvester of Blood - A Player Scaled Pet based Bleed Harvest Death Knight

With the addition of Blood Knight Set a lot of good build possibilities opened up. One of them being allowing us to play as a pure Bleed Caster. While still being not nearly as strong as Bleed based Phantasmal Blades this is still a build that is fun to tinker with.

As an added bonus you also get to play around with a player scaled pets. I used the exact same concept that I used on my Vitality Decay Cabalist Caster.

Grimtools -

Deathstalker Setup - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNnd049V

Massacre Setup - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RVvyGJJ2

FAQ -

Will this work with other class combinations?

Before anyone bothers, Warder should work with this concept, Ritualist with this concept wasn’t to my liking and Witchblade with this concept is something I never really gave any serious though about.

Which is the BiS relic?

Massacre is much better than Deathstallker. I used Deathstalker for all the testing because I like the idea of playerscaled pet builds a lot.

Are Bloodrite gloves BiS?

The proc seems more useful to me personally from a pure Bleeder POV. I won’t call them BiS but they are one of the best ones.

Why such heavy investment in Blitz and Bone Harvest?

Well the idea of the build is based on the concept of attempting to make a skill with high weapon damage to deal a type of damage that is not supported by that skill inherently or through skill mods. This is done by stacking high amounts of flat damage of the damage type in question.

Blitz and Bone Harvest have good amounts of %Weapon Damage and therefore are perfect candidates for this.

In Closing -

Credits to x1x1x1x2 for recommending the BH transmuter.

I love the idea of a player scaled pet build so I did enjoy playing with this one and am therefore also looking forward to the Oathkeeper Mastery. It’s a shame Bleed Casters don’t have too much build variety even now. Hope things change in Forgotten Gods.

(Reserved)

(Reserved_)

Why not 1 point in BH transmuter? Phys to cold seems negligible here. Anyway, nice build. As expected, Blood Knight js good for bleed.

Btw, I’m witchblade fan so I would always think that witchblade would work but s&b instead of 2h. Howl of wendigo + csgo shield looks great.

The Physical to Cold is why I didn’t bother testing it. I got my hands on the set yesterday night so didn’t test everything out 100%
Will do and let you know later on

Witchblade won’t work because it has nothing like bone harvest to contribute to the damage of the build itself. I only tested Ritualist and am testing Warder so I based my conclusions on that.

Btw, before anyone asks - Massacre ticks>Deathstalker ticks for some reason

Testing itself was done with Deathstalker in slot cause I’ve been wanting to build around the pet for quite some time now

Still hoping for s&b on witchblade to work well :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll have to test it once I get home.

Btw, before anyone asks - Massacre ticks>Deathstalker ticks for some reason

Testing itself was done with Deathstalker in slot cause I’ve been wanting to build around the pet for quite some time now

Massacre has flat bleed and more than double the bleed on the granted skill compared to deathstalker. Can’t do calcs here but 10% rr isn’t probably better than that

Good luck

Make sense

And yes Harvester of Death is indeed a DPS boost

Nice build!

Glad you got all pieces of the set. Do you plan to make more experiments with DK?

P.S: Hope I finally will get the blueprint on the helm in near time. :frowning:

Well having RL friends play GD pays off. I still don’t have single Radaggon piece nor do I have Kra’vall’s Shoulders with good rolls on me yet but since I have Rimetongue Set as well I don’t feel like complaining.

As for experiments I already am conudcting this is the second concept with the build.

I got your point. However, since I started leveling up my vitality DK long time ago before the patch release I want the full set so bad. :slight_smile:
You can try to “gamble” with Bella Fald to get piece of Radaggon set if needed. :wink:

I see.

Didn’t get any. That’s what bugs me. I nearly bankrupted myself gambling but didn’t get a single Radaggon piece. I guess Radaggon is the new Decree of Malmouth to me

Yeah, gambling with Etram and Bella is something you won’t forget for a long time. :slight_smile:

P.S: I got blueprint for Radaggon’s Mask and duplicate of Radaggon’s Mantle. So, can give/craft it for you. :wink:

Nah, oddly enough I don’t have any weird new ideas with that set. Maybe Pure Acid Sigil or Acid/Vitality Sigil but those aren’t “weird ideas”, they’re what the set was designed for. I have a gunslinger concept with Radaggon but that is not exclusive to Radaggon either, it’s just using the set on one of the existing concepts. I can’t think of anything weird build concept with Radaggon itself

So I don’t think I have any urgency to procure that set. Appreciate the offer though :smiley:

Shit dude you weren’t kidding, build idea seems pretty sick though.:smiley:

So you want something special, something really weird? Challenge accepted. :wink:

The grim tools database is unavalaible, but what would you say if we try to build vitality Grenader with The Corruption of Gargabol and Radaggon’s Mask?

I want Acid, not Vitality. Vitality concepts are a cakewalk with that set. The helm, the RR, Lifestealing Censure, synergy Decree of Malmouth. It’s all tailor made for Vitality

Also Corruption of Galgabor isn’t a good weapon choice for Vitality Grenadier. I’d recommend Decree of Malmouth

:smiley:

Aha, it make things clear. Did you think about poison & acid grenado?

It’d be gimmicky at best. I have the option to either convert the Physical portion of Grenado or the Fire portion of it. Can’t do both

Grenado is a one trick pony and that trick is focused damage. The only dual damage Grenado that works splendidly is Fire/Lightning Grenado, the rest require to be focused on a single damage type in my experience

Well, if only we were able to convert physical and pierce damage to acid. With good rolls we can convert 95-100% of grenado pierce damage into acid damage.

I hadn’t finished the write up so decided to do so for this one and the decay caster. I don’t have my saves so i couldn’t add an SC to the original post. In hindsight back when I made this post I should’ve added a screenshot of the stats instead of the furry meme. :undecided: