Boars inside wall keep on spawning

How can you stop them spawning?

I have cleared the forest, and killed them but no luck.

You can move spawner - Persistance of animal sighting icon - #13 by Mitr

I do not try to stop them from spawning. Though the other poster method does work but it is a pain to do and is sorta cheating. So what I do is just build a wooden fence around the spawn site. You only need a few squares. No gate. this traps them in there and with no gate your peeps can’t get in there either.

You can also build a tower near them and kill them for meat. (put a gate on the corral pen then)

build a wooden fence around the spawn site is more cheating then moving the spawn site

So once they are walled in I am buggered, unless I put a fence around them.

This could be improved

no it is not. Where are you getting that nonsense lol moving the spawn site is a game glitch/bug putting a fence around the area is within the play mechanics. In real life fences are built for many reasons and one of them is to keep animals OUT or IN if you are corralling.

It even says in the game manual to use fences to keep animals out. No where does it say use a game glitch to move spawn points.

Why are you buggered if you fence the wild animals in? That is one of the reasons fences are in the game.

Because it sounds as it they’ve walled in the boars in their town so they’re attacking villagers. Did you not notice them spawning before you decided where to place you TC down?

I have boar spawning on a road and in an orchard. No room for a fence.

A boar respawning at a spawn site… who’d have thunk of such a dastardly game mechanic? :joy:

1 Like

Yep, I’ve noticed the same. I got around it by noting where they spawn and putting a small fence pen around it. Up to three will spawn, but they can’t get out of the pen to cause problems.

Walling in the spawn point is about as bad as moving the spawn point if you consider either cheating. Both manipulate the mechanic. Walling in the spawn though is more about bug mitigation, since wild animals should not be spawning within city limits. The spawn point should either move itself as the town encroaches on it’s area of effect or should be removed as the habitat is destroyed. Walling the spawn in or having the player move it seem like poor options.

Stop killing them.

Break a hole in your fence, chase them all out, rebuild your fence and leave them alone.

New Boar won’t spawn if you don’t kill any, once they are all outside your fences.

Boars are not like Deer, they are not tied to a spot, they are very shy, and can roam the map if you keep pushing them further away by constant activity and presence.

Just don’t kill them, unless it’s absolutely necessary.

It won’t matter where their spawn point is if there is nothing spawning.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I kept trying to kill them, and it just made the matter worse.

1 Like

:slight_smile:
There’s a spawn point in my current town.

The actual current location of the four Boar.

1 Like