Brimstone Repeater is too good?

Why is the “Brimstone Repeater”, an epic 2H ranged, so good in this build ? Here’s the build (pure demolitionist)

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZo6QnEV

that Brimstone Repeater is better than anything else I’ve found by A LOT. I really want to know why because it will probably teach me something important about how game mechanics work.

I even have a green weapon (infernal steel breechloading rifle of the void) that appears to have stats that are at least as good, and maybe even better, and yet using that weapon drops the DPS by almost 500. That weapon is in this build link:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAwmY4N

I’ve been trying to figure it out for a while and I don’t understand why the Brimstone Repeater is so good. I’m afraid it’s a bug, probably in what the game is showing me for DPS, lol.

Thanks!

Because it has a fuck-off attack speed value of 32%. that’s huge.

Yup, then switch to flame keeper’s repeater after that. Then a fucking desolator.

1 Like

wait, so that 32% is not already in the aps number, i.e. the actual attack speed is 1.52+32% = 2.00 ? -> runs GD and checks.

oh! ok. well, then, that’s about 32% more damage isn’t it ? :star_struck:

I thought the 1.52 incorporated the 32% and the 32% was AS improvement relative to the white base.

Thanks !
p.s. now to find a flame keeper’s repeater ! and then a fucking desolator ! LOL.

I assume you are levelling a purifier, so herewith I attached my desolator + flame keeper build:

Flame keeper is one of my most favorite epic set that no one love. Hopefully there will be a positive changes to it in next patch.

i’m trying to go pure demolitionist, but thanks for the build!

this is just a “mess around with some ideas” build. i have no real plan other than to try and stay pure demo and see how far i can go with it. also i really wanted to use mortar trap. lol.

my guess is that it will run out of steam at some point. I took a look at your build and really like it, so that will be a great one to fall back on at that time…

and regardless i’m going to go with that flamekeeper set ! :smiley:

Thank you !
p.s. just took at your devotions. they are great. very close to what i was going to use, which makes me feel a lot better about my choices :slight_smile:

Grim dawn is not designed with single class in mind, so it will be painful to you later in the game if you don’t pick a second class.

I recommend the following masteries to be paired with demo, if you changed your mind… :stuck_out_tongue::

• Inquisitor (ranged, eye of reckoning build, & caster)
  • arcanist (mainly caster)
  • oathkeeper (melee, caster, Eye of reckoning build)

Nope, it won’t :wink:

Well, depends on what you want to do with it. If it beating crucible in under 7min, you may be out of luck. But if you want to be able to finish the campaign on Ultimate and maybe kill a few nemesis- shouldn’t be a problem.

As for “this games wasn’t designed to belayed with a single class”, - I beg to strongly disagree. Maya had done it many times with pet builds. I’m doing it now classless and intend to complete it that way. There’s even a hidden achievement for doing it in hardcore. So yeah, whatever you want bro, there’s plenty of content for every whim.

Definitely not what this build is for, my other builds are for that( I hope!). That’s why i’m following build guides for them. this is just a fun build. wanted to do pure demo. One thing that’s awesome about pure demo is the leveling. Really fast. I gotta remember that next time i level, to focus on one mastery at a time. i think i get spread out too much as i go.

regardless @thejabrixone has what looks like a cool inquistor build, so i can stick with my demo or drop into the inquisitor.

and now i know why that Brimstone repeater is so good ! lol

1 Like