Build Compendium Organized by Skill (Version 1.21 Newly Added: Updated for 2022)

Yeah as I say, they are quite different.

There is a big difference between those two. One is properly min-maxed and other one got pet component in helmet slot.

Exactly that :smiley:

Edit - when I look at that build I actually have it on the ranged version and I think it slipped through when I was changing stuf, there really should be a Prismatic Diamond on the melee version as it is on the ranged. I don’t have it on the aether builds but they are better defensively. So actually thanks for noticing :smiley:

I just now saw this thread for the first time but…

…you do you and you owe noone here NOTHING. Do it however suits you and anyone that has a problem with it can get bent as far as I’m concerned. It’s your thread and your project and if people don’t like it they are welcome to make their own thread and project.

I would note:

…that unless these are private hidden builds I see no reason why you can’t link to ANY build you want that has already been publicly posted on the forum. No permission required for that since technically Crate owns any written words posted on this forum. <Actually I am wrong about that last comment per the TOS (seems Crate just can’t stop being “cool” :sunglasses:)…

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/tos#heading--your-content

Regardless, I see no issue linking to anything on the forum that you please, unimpeded. I’d just link to whatever and if the person that created the link has an issue they will be notified anyway and if they really don’t want it linked they’ll let you know I’m sure.

There are multiple builds that people choose not to make build threads for, and instead use a Grimtools link and a Crucible / SR video to showcase their strength. These are the builds I’m referring to when it comes to preferring to keep private. The least I can do is request permission to share their videos.

As for the compendium update, I’ve listed multiple builds that I’ve not seen any video usage or Grimtools for, and would request builders to see if these combinations are in any way viable or not. If not, we can request buffs so that they can achieve even mild successes. The big requests are for skills like Rune of Hagarrad that used to be great, but changes like the conversion removal from Nadaan’s Reach unfortunately killing their viability.

I appreciate @grey-maybe for providing his wonderful GrimSheet Endgame Table which has largely made my list somewhat superfluous, but I’m going to continue updating my list for those who specifically want to build around a particular skill.

I have a lot of work to do making sure each build post is polished up, but I’m not giving up on this project.

Main updates since my last post are getting all the mastery skills with at least a list of build-defining items and branched off Shaman’s Savagery to separate Melee and Ranged skills. I’m still going through the list to update outdated builds with more current ones.

3 Likes

I’ve been able to further polish this thread over the past few days, and I think it’s really beginning to take on a more mature form. I know this thread was initially rushed, but it’s very difficult to get the time and space and look through the seemingly endless threads and videos posted. Version 1.0 can’t be too far along now; I’d like to tidy up the Oathkeeper section a bit, and then it’s a final check-through to make sure I’m not selling any of the skills short.

I’ve edited the update page with a list of skills I’d like to see more builds - I’m sure people have already thought up concepts. NOTE: If there are any unlisted videos with more updated builds, I can’t view the videos without finding the video link itself, which will probably involve wading through the Discords to find them.

2 Likes

If no one else does, I have plans to test/update this next major update with the Ember’s Calling set so I don’t think it’ll be abandoned.

Most of the time it’s a secondary damage source/support spell but beyond generalised Vitality casters that pick it up for that reason, there are a few builds that try to make it and other Pox-style skills or ailments the major focus that might be worth mentioning:

1 Like

yes, it’s the best damage source paladin has acces to. (apart from converted RoH)

I’ve updated the thread with the above suggestions, including adding Judgment and Fevered Rage Bloody Pox as skills.

I’ve also went through the Chinese Grim Dawn forums and found multiple build collections from the 1.1.8.1 patch. From what my simple Google translating is worth, the builds I’ve seen go to SR76, and I’ve been updating the builds from the previous Chinese Community thread (which only go up to 1.1.6.0) with builds I’ve found from those threads.

I haven’t found anything particularly crazy that would shake up the end-game spreadsheet, but if there are builds that are particularly outdated in that thread, I can try and find updated ones that meet that thread’s criteria.

1 Like

This will be the last update before the next patch hits. I’m waiting to see how certain skills and equipment get tweaked before moving around or removing any builds from the Compendium.

Thanks to everyone who continues to submit builds - I now see a total near 280 endgame (my requirements are more lax than the endgame sheet, but certain damage types are always going to be too meme to reach higher SR and I like to promote every conversion I can) builds. I wouldn’t be surprised to reach 300 builds by the time people play around with the new SR equipment.

Further note: If anyone has Crucible videos that are unlisted, I can’t search for them. I’ve dug through over a month’s worth of the Russian discord and I was able to find a few builds I missed before. If any of your builds feel like they should be up there, I’d be glad to reconsider my current placements.

You can add this one to your list: [UPDATE][1.1.8.1] Blitzer Physical Warlord: The Tank Who Hits Hard and Fast :smiley:

I appreciate the suggestion, but Physical Blitz is already covered by the Markovian Set Warlord, which is specifically designed around Blitz. I keep the builds limited to one per damage type, as there are many ways to build around a particular skill, and I don’t want to bloat the compendium too much with multiple builds using the same damage type.

I am adding builds from 1.1.9.0 into the Compendium - I want to say that I’ve removed most of the outdated builds to show that each damage type is viable in the most current patch, but with around 300 builds in my posts, it’s hard to keep track of all of them.

I’ll spend the next few days reviewing all the new Crucible videos from the 1.1.9.0 patch to see if there are any new builds I should keep aware of. If there’s nothing glaring, I will call my Compendium the official 1.0. Thanks to all who gave me the kick in the pants necessary to turn it from the rushed thread it initially was to the more polished version it is today. I wanted to do this as a gift to showcase Grim Dawn’s fountain of creativity and as a thank you to all the experienced builders for making really amazing builds.

EDIT: With nearly all of the builds posted in the Compendium updated to at least Patch 1.1.7.0, I’m going ahead and deeming this the official 1.0 release. The only skill I’m really missing is a good build to showcase nuke DEE; the official forums only have spam DEE, and Youtube makes it impossible to do a good search for nuke DEE. Outside of that, all skills in the game is now paired with a very cool build so that players can search for what to make for an end-game build.

1 Like

No Ring of Steel builds?

It’s not a skill that really gets built around often since -cd for it is pretty scarce so you almost always have to pair it with something else like a replacer/AA filler. But if you’re curious, the ones I’m aware of are:

Cold Ring of Steel

Pierce Ring of Steel

Basically any Bleed Nightblade.

1 Like

@Archmagister This thread is very close to what you were looking for :slight_smile:

Have you even read the original thread?

I was just trying to help, no need to be so caustic…

For what it’s worth, I thought that having a list of all the skills with a build for each element it has been done in was what you were looking for.

From your thread:

How is that not exactly what’s here ?

I referred to this thread, and the OP posted his thread in mine. Did you really not see that?

Btw, ‘caustic’… I like that :wink:

I guess I forgot this was the thread in question. It has been a few weeks since.

Nevermind then.