Build Compendium VII

Hi!
I designed a nice two-hander melee build. Add it to compendium too, please.

[Melee][1.0.6.1] (u)(c+)(g4)(vid) Mekeritrig, the Tormentor - Two-Handed Cold Savagery Trickster, Gladiator farmer (Veretragna)
Damage: Cold, Frostburn
Active Skills: Savagery, Amarasta’s Blade Burst, Shadow Strike, Wind Devil, Wendigo Totem, Pneumatic Burst
Passive Skills: Veil of Shadow, Heart of the Winter King, Stormcaller’s Pact, Mogdrogen’s Pact, Stormcaller Aura
WPS Skills: Feral Hunger, Upheaval, Burning Void

Thanks.

Hi!
Pls add this.

Melee[1.0.6.1] (u)©(g4)Chaos berserker.

Damage: Chaos
Active Skills: Candance, Blitz, War cry, Doom boolt, Solael’s flame, Sigil of consumption.
Passive Skills: Blood of dreeg, Ring of everlasting flame, Filed command, Solael’s Witchfire, Possession
WPS Skills:

Thx.

Hello, Chton!

[2h hybrid][1.0.6.1] A Shockingly Versatile Build - Conjuring a Sequel, Crucible 170 easy farm - Conjurer [u][c+][g3][vid] (Mad_Lee)

Damage: Lightning, Electrocute
Active Skills: Savagery, Storm Totem, Wendigo Totem, Curse of Frailty, Storm Shard, Wind Devil, Blood of Dreeg
Passive Skills: Stormcaller’s Pact, Stormcaller Aura, Solael’s Witchfire, Whirling Blades, Modrogen’s Pact
WPS: Feral Hunger

Before any guide gets added the compendium’s first post containing the guidelines for the compendium has now been updated.

The reason for me doing this is because the compendium’s core concepts had some redundant things that made sense during its inception and not so much in the present time.

Most important change would be the tags section and the rules section

In the tags section these two tags have been removed entirely

[li]d : The build has a downloadable save file associated with it. Check the build's thread for the link[/li]	[li]u : The build can clear ultimate[/li]

The “g” and “c” tags have had their definitions updated. The former for which you have forum member x1x1x1x2 to thank for.

The c tags’s update that is relevant to most people is that “c” tag signifies Crucible 170 now. While the “c+” tag signifies crucible 170 with upto 4 buffs and no banners in a 12 minute time frame. The time frame might seem to high but I think it’s a fair margin since 12 minutes means they can do crucible 2x with 4 buffs. I don’t have any plans to add a special tag for insane build with sub-10 minute clear times.

The rules section has a new rule about making sure about adding a build with accurate “c” tags assuming its a crucible build. I can see some impressive builds w/o tags as well which is mostly fine to me since half the tags are irrelevant to the majority of players (imo) but the “c” tag is extremely important since people want fast and efficient crucible farmers.

For now it’s only a post 1 update but I’ll make sure that I end up editing tags for every build.

The changes were made as a response to an age old complaint of the compendium being sometimes to overwhelming for new players and to some recent complaints about finding good crucible builds in the compendium. Hopefully these changes are helpful to someone.

MOST IMPORTANT CHANGE HOWEVER IS THAT THE COLOR SCHEME OF THE COMPENDIUM HAS BEEN CHANGED :rolleyes:

The rest of the posts will be updated within a week or two (it’s a lot of builds people :p).

@gouldec Your submission won’t be accepted

Hi Chthon!
About this c-, c, c+ variations: can I report if you measure my builds incorrectly?
Currently only one of these is Incariol, it can’t do crucible under 12 minutes on aether-resistant nemeses. 2x Reaper + Valdaran can easily turn 150-170 11 minutes run into 20 minutes :smiley:
What should I do in such cases?

You don’t do anything :smiley:
I on the other hand edited the post and relegated it to “c” tag. To be fair though that combo has killed even my CDR Binders :mad:

And yes - broken links, incorrect tags and formatting errors should be reported. Post them here. Unlike addition of builds (for which I take my sweet time) this will get rectified immediately.

Post 1, 2 and 3 are done btw.
4,5 and 6 are pending for now. I am going to take a short break

[caster]1.0.6.1(hc)(vid)(g5)© Magehunter Sotonya - Ignaffar flamethrower
Damage: FIRE
Active Skills: Flames of Ignaffar, Word of renewal, Mirror of Erorectus, Inquisitor Seal, Calidor tempest,Nullification, Rune of Haggard, Word of pain
Passive Skills: IEE, MSoP, Aura of Censure, Seal of might.
WPS Skills: none

[Hybrid]1.0.6.1(hc)(vid)(g5)© Purifier Ulzunyasha-Archon favorite hot maiden
Damage: FIRE
Active Skills: Firestrike, Word of renewal, Inquisitor Seal, Thermite mine, Blazing charge, BWC, Shar`Zull wrath, Flashbang.
Passive Skills: Aura of Censure, Flame touched, Vindictive flame, Blast shield.

@Ptiro
Your Death Prophet, Rei and Bone Charmer are already in the compendium. So don’t post those

@Ptiro
Your Death Prophet, Rei and Bone Charmer are already in the compendium. So don’t post those

Compendium has been fully updated. I updated every build to the latest definitions kindly check for broken links and incorrect tags.

CHANGELOG

> Changed the presentation style a little to make sure New Players and Crucible enthusiasts can get some quick answers. Previously they were met with a wall of text.

> Changed the color scheme that barely got changed since ibugsy came up with it back in 2014 (4 fucking years!!!) for Build Compendium II. The reason for the color change is “because I said so” but why I looked into the color scheme is because -

• The author name and build name were in separate colors which unnecessarily contributed to the number of characters per post (more tags). I only intended to reduce the number of tags but then decided to change the entire color scheme. [/li] [li] Some color tags didn’t have name names but rather had color codes, that royally pissed me off. While deciding to edit these tags I decided to change the color scheme of the entire compendium.

> Looked into the tag definitions that had been established by Missing String (???). This is the most important change as not only are the “g#” tag tiers much better defined now thanks to x1x1x1x2 but the crucible tag also had its definitions updated (thanks to your friendly neighborhood Dying God) allowing it to be much more easier to find reliable builds for Gladiator Crucible farming

Aim

> The aim was to make the compendium seem a little less “threatening” to new players because since vanilla there used to be some comments/threads about how the compendium was “overwhelming”.
> The compendium was made much before Crucible was a thing. So the older definitions were in dire need of updation to address the complaint of people who were unable to find good crucible builds. The new definition for “c” and “c+” tag allow one to find reliable crucible 170 farmers

I hope the changes I made would improve things for players who had faced either or both the above problems. Especially the latter since with better definitions for crucible tags I am hoping more crucible oriented builds will be posted to the compendium.

Credits

Of course, I am not running a dictatorship (sigh). The tag updation and the crucible standards were a result of me being in touch with forum members Superfluff, mad_lee, Thrasheur, Evil_Baka and x1x1x1x2.

The color scheme is entirely on me though and isn’t up for debate. So I guess a partial dictatorship or whatever it’s supposed to be called :rolleyes:

Thank you :wink:

EDIT:

To the confused souls, your builds haven’t been added even now :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, Chton, add my old build to the compendum.

[Melee] 1.0.0.9(c+)(vid) Melee Druid - Lightning God Rises (Mad_Lee)

Damage: Lightning, Electrocute, bit of Physical, bit of Elemental
Active Skills: Savagery, Primal Strike, Wind Devil, Grasping Vines, Wendigo Totem, Nullification, Mirror of Ereoctes
Passive Skills: Stormcaller’s Pact, Stormcaller Aura, Modrogen’s Pact, Maiven’s Sphere of Protection, Whirling Blades, Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange
WPS Skills: Feral Hunger
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53871

Oh God, Chton, please, I can’t do this colour stuff :))

Hey, Chthon I’m new here but I’ve been using the [1.0.6.0] S&B Aether CDR – The Kriegskandra Knight and I’ve noticed it’s in the wrong character section in the front page. You put it in the Death Knight section where it should be put in the Spellbinder section. Sorry if I’m a bother.

Thank you for reporting it

I fixed it, also builds have been added

Forgot to edit my posts before the builds were added but my infernal knight sorc, as well as the two cabalists are relegated to “c” tag with the new changes. Maybe thr vitality scythe build will retain c+ but I’m too lazy to test it :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually added the new builds based on updated definitions. So I was aware what tag I was placing. Judging by the literature in your guides I was under the impression that your builds were “c+”

Lemme know which builds need update

And thank you both :slight_smile: I should have noticed it.

[[Hybrid]1.0.6.1(hc)(vid)(g#) Winter King Infiltrator](http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73501)
Damage: Cold/Frostburn
Active Skills: Rune of Hagarrad, Pneumatic Burst, Inquisitor Seal, Word of renewal, Horn of Gandarr, Ring of Steel, Blade Barrier, ABB, Shadow Strike
Passive Skills: Aura of Censure, +4 item granted

Infernal Sorc and RNG Doombolt Cabalist are ‘c’. Both builds (the posted versions) clear 13 min with banner. Bleed WB, rune purifier, 2h runebinder tactician and death scythe cabalist will likely stay c+ but I have only tested rune purifier so far. My other builds not mentioned are all outdated (without apparent intention of updating),.

The overhaul you did for the compendium really needed a lot of work. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Hi, Chthon.

I’d like to share this Deceiver build with the community. Thank you for adding it and thank you for inspiring me on this one!

[Caster][1.0.6.1] (u)(g4) The Dreamer, Master of Seals (Belzzzz)
Damage: Vitality/Chaos
Active Skills: Sigil of Consumption, Doombolt, Curse of Frailty, Blood of Dreeg, Ritual Circle, Word of Pain, World of Renewal, Inquisitor Seal, Flames of Ignaffar.
Passive Skills: Solael’s Witchfire, Possession, Deadly Aim.
WPS: none.

[Physical S&B Caster] [1.0.6.1] (c+)(g1) The Physical RoH Octavius Tactician (sir spanksalot)
Damage: Internal trauma, with a bit o’ Physical and pierce
Active skills: Rune of Hagarrad, Chillspikes, Word of renewal, Seal, Forcewave, Blitz, Overguard
Passive skills: Field command, Mogdrogen’s ardor, Might of beronath, Oleron’s rage, Deadly aim, fighting spirit
WPS skills: None

[Vitality Phantasmal blade caster] [1.0.6.1] ©(g4) Demonslayer Phantasmal Blade Reaper (sir spanksalot)
Damage: Vitality, Vitality Decay
Active skills: Phantasmal blades, Pneumatic burst, Blade barrier, Blade spirit, ravenous earth, bone harvest, mark of torment
Passive skills: Master of death, Spectral Binding, Veil of Shadow, Whirling Blades, Presence of might
WPS skills: None

[Hybrid Chaos autoattacker/caster] [1.0.6.1] ©(g4) The Harbinger of deception (sir spanksalot, Valinov)
Damage: Chaos
Active skills: Beronath’s Fury, Doombolt, Blood of dreeg, word of renewal, Seal, Word of Pain
Passive skills: Possession, Deadly aim, Solael’s witchfire
WPS skills: Bursting round, Chilling rounds, Storm spread, Shadowflame

[Physical Melee] [1.0.6.1] ©(g1) Dual wield pure physical witchblade (sir spanksalot)
Damage: Physical, IT, pierce
Active skills: Cadence, Blitz, Blood of Dreeg, Sigil of consumption
Passive skills: 2x Presence of might, Oleron’s rage, Field command, Beronath’s might, Mogdrogen’s ardor, Solael’s witchfire, Fighting spirit
WPS skills: Markovian’s Advantage, Direwolf Claw