Build Compendium X (Forgotten Gods)

Nooo, Veretragna :cry::cry::cry:

1 Like

Thanks for all the hard work

1 Like

So the control over the thread is already transferred to me (ty @Zantai ).

Everything happened a bit faster than I expected, so I’m not ready to accept your entries yet. Like I said before, I plan to start working on compendium since next Sunday. The reason is I won’t have access to PC till then, and attempting to get such a large scale project running with only a phone would be a bit difficult.

Until then it’s the best time to give suggestions and promote your vision on whether there need to be any changes or not. @Nandi had already linked me a thread with discussion, some of the ideas I’m considering already.

Thats it for now. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Goodbye, Veretragna :disappointed_relieved:
Thanks for your help and your presence in this community!

Thanks for your hard work Vere!

Hail,Stupid Dragon! Btw how new beginner’s build submission should look like?
Good luck with the compendium!

We need new build formats. (Build compedium, build writings, ideas.) I think as here too @Nery. I started to discuss there.

Also, speaking of Beginner builds, are the ones like Malawiglenn’s or mine where the guides themselves are in pdf format hosted elsewhere, allowed for submission?

Would be a pain to import all the info into a forum thread.

Also, I am making beginner builds for Single Mastery classes. So there is also that.

Good question.

There’s a rule that there needs to be a thread for the build, but the goal is to not allow GT-only submissions, basically.

I think I’ll keep the rule strict - there needs to be a thread on this forum to make a submission into compendium. If I allow pdf links then I’ll have to allow other media as well, and last thing I want is people using this compendium to create web traffic to their personal gaming websites.

1 Like

Hm… in that case, I would also like to request the removal of my current submissions to the beginner builds section. They used to point to guides in the forum itself, but were removed in favour of the aforementioned pdf guide after forum migration.

One could also discuss what the minimum requirement for a build-thread could/should be.

Imagine someone just put in such thread a GT link and a link to say a YouTube video/guide - is that acceptable submission?

The current rule is

so what is the minimum requirement for "just make sure the build’s details or a grimtools link can be found in the thread" ?

@malawiglenn

I was going to quote you this but you beat me to it. I recall there was a part that a thread with just GT link is no good too though.

Yes, currectly rules are pretty vague. The reason is people some how didn’t abuse that and there’s a tradition here on what roughly qualifies as a build thread.

Unless people start abusing these vague rules I’m not going to formalize the requirements. For now my recommendation is to check other people’s build threads and use common sense.

For me personally, I can make a thread of each of my build guides in 5 minutes / each - but they will not look nice so I would still recommend the interested reader to download formatted pdf. I had on my to-do list to download BBcode editor/converter and make forum versions eventually.

But yeah, common sense is good - I think also the “posting rules” contained a few examples of what constitutes a good and a bad submission too

I will wait until some consensus is made,how the threads should look like and post afterwards.

Still the Omnitrio format looks good,but for beginners guides is little unclear.Also could one post a link to build collection or multiple builds in one thread?

As a temporary solution I could offer putting the link to your collection into Beginner Build section, since it doesn’t need to follow any established rules.

You literally told me that links to pdf won’t be allowed…

So, are they or are they not?

Because someone is in the process of converting it into formatting fit for the forum. And I don’t want them to waste their time if it isn’t needed.

I probably misunderstood you a bit.

They aren’t allowed into general compendium but if it’s about beginner build section I’ll allow it. I plan to rework it a bit anyway.

Oh, ok then. That is good news. Ty for letting me know

Clarification on my vision of Beginner Build section.

It was born to make Beginner builds more noticeable. I intend to keep it that way, with a few cosmetic changes. It is not a part of “real” compendium, just a section I plan to personally oversee for the sake of beginner guides getting more exposure.

@malawiglenn I remember the thread with some suggestions you’ve made and will take them into account.

As for submissions - for now everything is fine as long as it is reasonable. Like I said, I’ll allow your google drive pdfs, but links to other websites is still a No.

Thank you for attention.

My builds will look something like this
Ravenous Earth Cabalist - an update of Nightmare’s guide [Caster][Vitality][Cabalist][FG 1.1.2.x]
so I guess 99% will still download pdf-version :newspaper:

If it’s something like this I won’t have any problem with adding it even to general compendium if you decide to file an application form.