Build Compendium X (Forgotten Gods)

hi, malawiglenn!
Please confirm if now my post complies to the rules.

I don’t think it’s necessary to write procs from devotions and random item procs.

Also Righteous Fervor is enough, no need for non transmuted. But now is definitely better :slight_smile:

1 Like

I fixed it myself and added the build, so that’s all irrelevant now.

1 Like

Good to know. I was confused by the fact that Resilience is added to other submissions.
I have just finished SR75, would you be so kind to add “(sr+)”?

Stupid_Dragon, thank you a lot!

1 Like

On the subject of automation, I’ll note that GrimTools’s API covers a fair amount of ground for archival purposes. For example, Superfluff’s Belgothian’s Slaughter can be received as raw data or a (regrettably limited) pretty-printed version, and it would be pretty simple to reformat that information; a tool based on it could also reprocess old builds in bulk.

At a glance, the API’s main limitation is that it doesn’t keep track of item skills from sets. I read that producing BBCode for these forums was among the original goals for GrimTools, so we could ask Dammit if he’d be willing to recover the concept, or update the API.

Stupid Dragon, please add my latest build to the compendium !

• [DW Melee] [1.1.3.1] (g4) (c+) Non set Pierce DW Blademaster(Nery)
    • Damage: Pierce
    • Active Skills: Cadence, Ring of Steel, Shadow Strike, Pneumatic Burst, Displacement , War Cry, Ravager’s Deathgaze, Blade Spirits
    • Passive Skills: Veil of Shadow, Oleron’s Rage, 2x Whirling blades, Field Command
    • WPS Skills: Execution, Belgothian’s Shears, Whirling Death, Markovian’s Advantage, Direwolf Claw
1 Like

Tavabunga, @Stupid_Dragon

New Build Purifier

• [Ranged] [1.1.3.1] (g3) (sr+) (vid) Alaska Nebraska Stronghold of the Legion (No Greens) (omnitrio)

• Damage: Fire, Burn
    • Active Skills: Fire Strike, Flashbang, Thermite Mine, Word of Renewal, Inquisitor Seal
    • Passive Skills: Flame Touched, Vindictive Flame, Blast Shield, Deadly Aim, Aura of Censure
    • WPS Skills: Bursting Round, Chilling Rounds, Strorm Spread
1 Like

[Pet] [1.1.3.1] (g1) The Scary Petting Zoo viable (Computertech82)
Cabalist[Pet] [1.1.3.1] (g1) The Scary Petting Zoo - Cabalist
Damage: Pet
Active Skills: Curse of Frailty, Call of the Grave, Raise Skeletons, Summon Familiar, Summon Hellhound, Summon Blight Fiend
Passive Skills: Bonds of Bysmiel, Master of Death, Spectral binding

1 Like

I’m sorry, but I won’t be adding this. Your GT link has no items and no stat investments, just a rough low effort sketch of the skill distribution and devotions. Because of that I don’t feel like this qualifies as a proper build and to my knowledge there is no precedent of anything like this being added to compendium.

Anyone wants to object this decision?

@Stupid_Dragon from what I can tell from the thread above, it is more of a build in progress. There is no strict rule of submitting “finished” builds but @computertech82 could at least present a GT link of the current build as it is. This will determine if the gear-tag g1 is valid also.

Also the submisson has wrong format.

But no, I do not object.

The build is about beginners. No special gear needed. NO points needed a certain way. Forcing it to spec gear defeats that purpose.

Perhaps you should add it to the beginner builds section?
You can always provide some pointers with what gear to look out for, freebie items, faction items, some leveling advice etc.
A beginner need help with that.

I understand your logic, but this is what most would call a sketch or draft. So far there’s an established tradition that a build is a mirror image of your character. Another tradition is to submit only builds of characters that are close to level cap.

It is perfectly fine to post sketches / drafts on the forum as well as have a thread for your work in progress build, but you can’t submit it into compendium before it’s in a more or less finished state.

No, don’t think so.

The Character had finished before. I’m simply trying to reuse it for Forgotten Gods. So I wouldn’t really call it a draft or sketch. Just simply a core build, up to the user to what gear to use.

Isn’t there a rule that all builds added to the compendium should be already tested builds? So that whenever someone asks a question about your build, you can at least answer it cause you’ve played it. If you submit a grimtools without items, it won’t be acceptable unless you tested it without the items

@computertech82 is the build you linked playable without items? Cause if yes then I’d accept it if I’m in charge. If it’s not then it shouldn’t be in this compendium, even on beginner builds cause when a beginner sees this, equips their stuff that don’t have anything related to pets and gets dumpstered on ultimate. You’ll be the one getting hate posts for that.

1 Like

If this rule was ever in effect then it wasn’t documented. Previous iteratiion of compendium only had a line that “Testing the build up to max level before posting is highly suggested”. This allows a lot of loopholes to be honest. E.g. you could try to sneak into compendium a 100% theorycrafted build that never was tested. Or you could submit your level 10 build. Somehow people didn’t happen to abuse that before, so I decided not to formalize that. The post really didn’t age well huh

Well, since it did happen then I’ll have to formalize it, should be done before the end of the week.

Let’s not go in circles on this. Like I said before, I understand your logic, but that doesn’t make it an acceptable submission for compendium. Get your character to level 90-100, upload it to GT to get a link to it, and post it in your thread, then you could have your build in compendium. You could leave your “core” build as an extra.

1 Like

I feel a disturbance in the force. Another Pet build to balance the light and the dark:

• [Pet] [1.1.3.0] (g3) (c+) (sr+) The Lazy Hour - Pet Cabalist (Maya)

• Damage: Pets
    • Active Skills: Summon Blight Fiend, Reap Spirit, Summon Familiar, Summon Eldritch Talon, Blood of Dreeg, Curse of Frailty, Call of the Grave, Sovereign, Witching Hour
    • Passive Skills: Possession, Bonds of Bysmiel, Spectral Binding, Presence of Might
    • WPS Skills: none
1 Like

Tavabunga! @Stupid_Dragon

New build Mage Hunter

• [Caster] [1.1.3.1] (g3) (sr+) (vid) Kiki Highsmith Albrecht’s Fire Ray (No Greens) (omnitrio)

• Damage: Fire, Burn
    • Active Skills: Albrecht’s Aether Ray, Mirror of Ereoctes, Nullification, Word of Renewal, Word of Pain, Storm Box of Elgoloth, Inquisitor Seal
    • Passive Skills: Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange, Maiven’s Sphere of Protection, Arcane Will, Deadly Aim, Aura of Censure
    • WPS Skills: none
1 Like
  • [DW melee] [1.1.3.1] (g4) (sr) (vid) A Meme Or Not A Meme - Lightning Trickster (afanasenkov26)

• Damage: Lightning, Electrocute
    • Active Skills: Savagery, Wind Devil, Ring of Steel, Shadow Strike, ABB, Pneumatic Burst, Aether Corruption, Ultos’ Arrival
    • Passive Skills: Mogdrogen’s Pact, Stormcaller’s Pact, Celestial Presence, Veil of Shadow, Aetherward, Aura of Storm
    • WPS Skills: Belgothian’s Shears, Whirling Death, Execution
1 Like

Hey, Stupid Dragon, couple of more builds from me:

[Caster] [g3] [c+] [sr] [1.1.3.1] Apocalypse Now: 6:40 Crucible, SR 65-66, Fire/Vitality no greens hybrid caster Defiler [g3][vid][c+][sr] (Mad_Lee)

• Damage : Vitality, Fire, Vitality Decay, Burn
  • Active Skills : Blackwater Cocktail, Ravenous Earth, Mark of Torment, Flashbang, Thermite Mines, Siphon Souls, Bone Harvest, Displacement
  • Passive Skills : Presence of Might, Aether-Ward, Vindictive Flame, Flame Touched, Harbinger of Souls, Spectral Binding
  • WPS Skills : none

[Melee] [g3] [c+] [sr] [1.1.3.0] The Big Cool: 6:40 Crucible, Meme-Powered no greens Cold Blade Arc Blademaster [c+][sr][vid][g3] (Mad_Lee)

• Damage : Cold, Frostburn
  • Active Skills : Blade Arc, Shadow Strike, Amarasta’s Blade Burst, Ring of Steel, Pneumatic Burst, Displacement
  • Passive Skills : Aether-Ward, Field Command, Oleron’s Rage, Blade Spirit, Heart of the Winter King, Veil of Shadow
  • WPS Skills : none
1 Like