So what’s are the rules of SR pass for Leaderboards?
[Hybrid] [184.108.40.206] (g4) [220.127.116.11] Reaper of Souls - Soulrend-based BH Reaper [c+] [sr] (afanasenkov26)
- Damage: Cold, Frostburn, a bit of Vitality
- Active Skills: Bone Harvest, ABB, Shadow Strike, Ring of Steel, Pneumatic Burst, Mark of Torment, Displacement, Blade Barrier, Blade Spirit
- Passive Skills: Harbinger of Souls, Veil of Shadow, Spectral Binding, Chilling weapons
- WPS Skills: Reaping Strike, Necrotic Edge
For what it’s worth, I’m not sure the Compendium is the appropriate place to hold a leaderboard at all. I’m worried that it may discourage entries if the entrant can’t compete with top clear times, or that others looking for a new build may ignore anything not on the leaderboards. I would rather the Compendium not become a competition; there are plenty of other threads for that.
On a separate note, I think it may be worth discussing new standards for SR clear standards considering that the new patch seems to have greatly increased the difficulty across all higher-level shards with the nemesis updates. I’m betting a lot of builds that used to clear 75 might not be able to do so any more, at least not as consistently. Thoughts?
I agree with it
Must be new thread with Leaderboards
Both Cruci | SR
Hello, Val. Here is my new bi-elemental Warlock
[Caster] [18.104.22.168] (g3) (c+) (SR+) (vid) Grim Dawn: Episode 22.214.171.124, warlock strikes back (Dmt)
- Damage: Lightning, Electrocute, Cold, Frostburn
- Active Skills: Trozan’s Sky Shard, Sigil of Consumption, Course of Fragility, Aether Corruption, Mirror of Ereoctes, Nulification, Chain Lightning, Blood of Dreeg, Ulthos’ Arrival.
- Passive Skills: Star Pacr, Maiven’s Sphere of Protection, Iscandra’s Elemental Exchange.
- WPS Skills: none
[Ranged] [126.96.36.199] (g3) (sr+) (vid) Janey Powell Gunslinger (No Greens) (omnitrio)
- Damage: Physical, Internal Trauma
- Active Skills: Word of Renewal, Inquisitor Seal, Vire’s Might, Storm Box of Elgoloth, Horn of gandarr, Summon Guardian of Empyrion, Ascension, Righteous Fervor
- Passive Skills: Deadly Aim, Presence of Virtue, Resilience, Divine Mandate
- WPS Skills: Bursting Round, Chilling Rounds, Storm Spread, Smite
[Caster] [188.8.131.52] (g4) (c+) [184.108.40.206] ThermoElectrician - Cyclone + Canister Lightning Conversion Proc Sorc (x1x1x1x2)
- Damage: Lightning, Electrocute
- Active Skills: Thermite Mines, Canister Bomb, Blackwater Cocktail, Flashbang, Mirror of Ereoctes
- Passive Skills: Star Pact, IEE, Maiven’s Sphere of Protection, Flame Touched, Vindictive Flame, Seal of Might x2
- WPS Skills: Hmmmm. Nope
I’m in a rather sour mood right now (not caused by you), so forgive me for the lack of courtesy.
First of all, your builds were added, as promised. Few things I’d like to remind:
- Do NOT include patch version, [sr+] or [c+] in your build name. They are redundant and WILL be deleted anyway.
- Do NOT use a naked link
This is because I’ll shorten your link anyway like this:
So it will look like that: https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/86283
Instead of that: [220.127.116.11] Reaper of Souls - Soulrend-based BH Reaper [c+] [sr]
Two points above is basically ignoring submission format, especially the second one. Right now I’m fixing it for you, but if my patience runs out I’ll just tell to fix it yourself next time.
On link shortening in general. I would appreciate if you shorten them yourself. It uses less symbols and doesn’t cause the click counter to glitch in some unexplainable cases, moreover doesn’t cause the click counter to reset if you changed your build thread’s name and asked me to update your submission to new patch.
I’m sorry for the delay, I had to think about it but didn’t come to any definitive conclusion at the time, so I’ll just share what’s on my mind.
- A tool like that would be convenient.
- I don’t want to bother Dammitt. As far as I know Dammitt got enough problems as is.
- Hypothetically if I’m suddenly presented with a tool like that and it’s formatting is different from current one there’s a fork:
- 3.1 We adopt a new format based on the tool, we roll the new compendium thread.
- 3.2 We adopt a new format based on the tool, I fix the old submissions myself
- 3.3 We adopt a new format based on the tool, I do nothing about old submissions
- For 3.1 to 3.3 build submitters need to accept using the tool. If for some reason it is boycotted we’re sticking to old format. It would be much easier for me too.
- Which one we’re rolling with would depend on circumstances. E.g. if there’s too many builds in compendium already so that’s it’s too bothersome to fix even with a tool on hands I’m not rolling with 3.2, and if community wouldn’t want a new thread I’m not rolling with 3.1 (I could insist, but atm I don’t think it’s something worth antagonizing community), as for 3.3 you know my opinion - I’d like to have compendium uniform, but yet again if community insists on using the tool but 3.1 and 3.2 are out then 3.3 would be the way to go.
- In case of the tool I don’t exactly like that I would have no control over it, but I can overlook it if I agree with it’s output formatting.
That’s about it.
P.S. I removed your liberal additions in your submission. Look, while I don’t disagree with your vision in general, you can’t sneak stuff in like that.
Did you expect me to think about it while I sleep, or what?
I think there’s nothing principially wrong with holding a leaderboard in Compendium at all. In fact I’ve been thinking about a separate thread too, but then it dawned on me that Compendium is a pretty good place for that.
I don’t really think that leaderboard would be a barrier that would discourage people from submitting builds, if anything I feel like the biggest barrier is the hassle of filling the form. There’s a much bigger problem of people not posting mediocre-performing builds to begin with, and the existence of leaderboard would be just one drop into the sea (or last nail into the coffin, depends on your way of thinking, lol).
As for people only willing to play what tops the leaderboard - that’s an interesting statement considering that some people in Discord told me a completely different reason to not hold leaderboard in Compendium - “people look in Compendium to find a build they fancy, they won’t give a fuck about your leaderboard”.
But okay, as I said I wasn’t averted to idea of doing it in another thread, but let’s put it to vote at least.
- Hold Leaderboard in Compendium
- Make a separate thread for Leaderboard
- We don’t need the Leaderboard, it’s a fundamentally bad thing
That’s a good point, but I don’t really want to go into “(sr+) is 75 for patches before 18.104.22.168 and 65 from 22.214.171.124 onward”, that would be pretty confusing.
EDIT: goddamn, this post took so much time
What do you mean? The devotion procs? The OP states:
I wasn’t trying to sneak anything in, I just assumed the line above meant one could optionally list the devotions, even if they weren’t included in the default template.
I see. My bad, it’s a leftover from my earlier attempt to change compendium submission template, which indeed had Devotion proc as an optional thing. Sorry for the confusion, will be fixed.
I’m working on a Clairvoyant Cabalist whose damage comes almost entirely from Doom Bolt / Reap Spirit. You want mediocre-at-best, I’ll give you mediocre-at-best
Reminds me of x1x1x2’s old build. It wasn’t all that great but it worked.
That will probably be better now, since doom bolt and reap spirit aspects of clairvoyant got buffed IIRC.
Regarding leaderboards, I voted for separate thread but that does pose the problem of stickies. Mods don’t want a lot of stickied threads and we can’t insert the leaderboards thread to the compendium list sticky cause it’s not the compendium. Or can we do that? I thunk separate thread will be better for organization tho. Much easier editing.
Also, I’d like to propose something with the leaderboard - we should have a different board for each class. Just for fun, it’ll be great to see which defiler is the best among all defilers
Funny, Omnitrio suggested the very same thing to me the other day. I’ll think about it.
[Caster] [126.96.36.199] (g4) (sr+) (vid) A man with a laser - AAR Clairvoyant Warlock (Safarel)
- Damage: Aether
- Active Skills: Albrecht’s Aether Ray, Bloody Pox, Curce of Frailty, Doombolt, Nullificaion, Blood of Dreeg, Mirror, Displacement
- Passive Skills: IEE, Maiven’s Sphere of Protection, Reckless Power, Arcane Resonance, Aether - Ward
- WPS Skills: none
hallo,bro,could u plz tell me which is the most powerful and strongest BD, I wanna copy,thx!
I’m afraid I don’t keep track of build performance right now, I care more about build diversity. There are several builds posted that could do Crucible in 5:30 at the moment, haven’t seen anything significantly lower than that this patch.
[2H Ranged] [188.8.131.52] (g3) (c+) (vid) Skorkh, Railrocketshotgunner - 2H Ranged Fire Vortex Justicar Purifier (Sotnik)
- Damage: Fire, Aether
- Active Skills: Fire Strike, Thermite Mine, Flashbang, Inquisitor Seal, Word of Renewal, Nadaan’s Strike
- Passive Skills: Aura of Conviction, Flame Touched, Vindictive Flame, Flame of Gar’dal
- WPS Skills: Storm Spread, Bursting Round, Chilling Rounds, Lucky Shot*2, Blazing Fury
Use the Application Form provided in the section “How to Submit your Build into Compendium”:
[Playstyle] [Patch] (gear) (crucible) (shattered realm) (hc) (vid) (L) [Build Name](build url) (Author)
- Damage: Damage Type 1, Damage Type 2, Damage Type 3
- Active Skills: Active Skill 1, Active Skill 2, Active Skill 3
- Passive Skills: Passive Skill 1, Passive Skill 2, Passive Skill 3
- WPS Skills: WPS Skill 1, WPS Skill 2, WPS Skill 3
Your build should also have dedicated thread about it, just not a grim tools link. This can also be read in the “How to Submit your Build into Compendium” section.