[Build Guide] - The Bleeding Conjurer (with video)

Hey there.

I wiped all my characters a week ago (for the 2nd time) to start fresh after not playing for 6+ months. This build is already my 6th character as I was struggling to settle for one that wasn’t a total pain to level and that I enjoy.

I’m past lvl 40 now and even though the start wasn’t particularly hard it’s getting better and better. It does slow down around Krakovia undercity (before you can unlock rend), but switching my 2h mace to a 2h sword and using a blessed whetstone (behead) helped quite a lot.

So, yeah, nice build you got there! It revived me, many thanks!

I didn’t go past 40 and 15 pts in shaman and occulist masteries respectively. I’m not quite sure I wanna spend 35 pts almost only for doombolt (25 pts in mastery + 10 pts in skill to match your grimcalc). I’m kind of wondering if possession instead of primal bond is viable? Alternatively, is doombolt that much needed and is there room for another damage type?

Hiya!

Pretty new to this game, coming from 2000+ hours in Path of Exile. Came across this bleed build on accident when I decided to copy ZiggyD’s initial beginner guide starting with devouring swarm.

I’m now level 53 cruising along underleveled in Elite (Doing around level 60 content right now).

Had a few questions on your skills and devotion picks.

Wanted to ask why you don’t use bloody pox? I have everything on it maxed and its working out quite well (Fevered rage + wasting + black death).

I also took the entire Mogdrogen the Wolf devotion tree, seems pretty insane for this build, also wondering if you considered that.

Here’s my GrimCalc of pretty much what I came up with and am planning to run. I think the problem with my version would be the Energy regen and survivability, but so far im leveling pretty smoothly.

grimcalc.com/build/5OwiRQB

After a long break time I’ll rediscovered GD (Last time of play was B19 or so :D).

I played a bit around some Builds to check what fits my playstyle. Gunslinger was funny but got me kinda bored (at lvl 40 or so). Warden is fun too but Melee. So I searched the forum for some ranged caster type builds.

I decided to start this Conjurer Bleeder, even with the beginning this toon is impressive strong. I hope this build keeps the pace in every stage of the leveling process, I’m looking forward to it.

Thank you Kluga for this Guide. I have one advice/suggestion to you: maybe add the lvl 85 Update video also to your guide? (Yes I checked your YT Channel)

@Aevykin o/ fellow PoE mate :smiley:

Kluga - what an absolutely awesome build this is turning out to be! Thank you so much for the detailed guide and accompanying video. :slight_smile: I need to make a couple of adjustments though and I wanted your advice. The thing is - I exclusively play with my best friend who acts as a tank with her Warden - Primal Strike build. So she aggros stuff pretty nicely and I am doing most of the damage behind her with this bleeding Conjurer build. I do not want to be next to her because then she complains of constantly targeting me instead of the enemies.

So, given that’s how we play I want your recommendation on what to do instead of Storm Totem. Everything in the build makes total sense for how we play, but not Storm Totem - I am too far away to really use that. I plan on maxing Doom Bolt, but how can I reduce cooldown to be able to fire that off more frequently?

Hey Kluga, great guide. Having a lot of fun. With the restrictions for skill that trigger devotions being lifted, I wonder if CoF isn’t a better trigger for Rend? Here’s my logic, Rend is 5 seconds, and CoF is 9 secs + which means in theory it could actually trigger Rend twice on one cast. Then you can add acid spray to EV, and Robert is your father’s brother.

Thank you very much for this great Build, im lvl 62 atm and just finished Elite without any problems.

Got 1 question about “Tip the Scales” from the Devotion Scales of Ulcama:
Which skill do i assign it to?

It says “20% chance when hit”. Does it mean when i am hit, or when my spell hits an enemy?
In the first case it wouldnt matter which skill to assign it to right?

Thanks for the answers already.

When it’s about your attacks it’s written ‘on attack’. When it’s about ennemies’ attacks on you, it’s ‘X% chance when hit’.

Anyone have any idea? hoping I get the answers :undecided:

Great guide. Levelling my first character in the game (coming over from PoE) and this build is very fun.

I am interested in picking up a 4th Celestial Power, at least to play around with and gather xp for while doing Elite. I am not sure which one would be most useful. Any advice? Dryad’s Blessing seems cool for the HP returned, although the bleeding and acid reductions seem a bit redundant due to Heart of the Wild and the Wildblood set (assuming I can get one).

Turtle Shell also seems cool. In theory. I’m not sure how useful it is (having no experience with the endgame difficulty spike).

Twin Fangs would give some more damage and a bit of leech. I’m assuming I could bind Dryad’s or TF to Curse of Frailty?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Hey great idea for a build!!

Hello there! Considering running this build, and I was thinking about making one change- running up the Primal Strike chain to get Storm Surge, and make the build a little more melee focused while still retaining the massive bleed and vitality damage. Would such a thing still be playable? Or is the Conjurer too fragile to manage such a thing?

As i see it, if you are going to use primal strike, you’d best pick up warder.
What i did with this build and still retained the primary function of being 2-H caster Conjurer with some pets (Briarthorn, Primal Spirit and with Bonds of Bysmael constellation), is really fun + got a massive damage boost from constellations. Pets used for blocking the path and some damage.

Depending on what your primary constellations are, thats what your items should be. If you get some Ultos’ items then you definetely want 2-H warder but as usual there a are no “same builds” in GD.

Energy management as in almost every build out there, is hard, but maybe with some better devotion setup and arcane spark it wouldn’t be such a bitch.

Hello,

I’m back to the game, last time was just before Release.

I like this idea of this one, but could it be possible to take Arcanist instead, mainly for the Energy managment ? Is Curse of Frail really needed*? I don’t like also to cast too many spells, so i’m looking at some change here. My knowledge to the game is limited (my max toon is a lvl 45 gunner with big armor, back from before Release).

If you take Arcanist then it would be a completely different build with different constellations, items etc. CoF is a best debuff out there and it really makes SoT runs easier.

CoF + Vulnerability absolutely rocks if you take Manticore + Huntress constellations. I made some slight changes from his build and gained physical damage boost so Falcon now deals much more damage then before.

Without 3 of my pets (Primal Spirit, Hellhound and Briarthorn) i use 6 skills for active casting: Devouring Swarm, Grasping Vines and Wendigo Totem on Shaman and Curse of Frailty, Blood of Dreeg and Sigil of Consumption on the Occultist. Didn’t went for Doombolt because i don’t think it’s needed for this build so i saved a crapton of mastery skill points and diverted them somewhere else. Pumped emboldening Roar on Briarthorn and put 1 point in other 2 pets just for the sake of it.

My constellation setup:
Falcon
Panther
Crane
Scales of Ulcama (4 nodes)
Sailor’s Guide
Fox
Kraken
Wendigo
Huntress
Manticore (5 nodes)

This is an awesome and fun build! One quick question: is it necessary to put Acid Spray on Storm Totem? I just got Acid Spray and I don’t have Storm Totem yet, but I was able to bind it to Curse of Frailty.

I tried it on some combat dummies and as far as I can tell, Acid Spray is triggering as normal. So will this setup work, and Storm Totem can be skipped altogether?

Thanks!

Acid spray works just fine on CoF.

I don’t believe storm totem is necessarily that important for this build, unless you find that you have too many "on attack "celestial skills for the number of attacks (+ CoF) that you have.

IIRC, certain skills (storm totem, thermite mines) actually roll to see if a celestial skill triggers for each separate one of them in the game, or perhaps even every hit (ie: twice as often, for two storm totems (or more), six times as often for six thermite mines, and so on). Plus, separate instances of such skills don’t share a cooldown timer. Thus, in practice skills like storm totem and thermite mines can greatly increase proc rates for celestial skills. It may have been the greatly increased proc rate for celestial skills that was driving the recommendation to get storm totem.

But, I believe this state of affairs is (very reasonably) viewed by the devs as overpowered and it will be nerfed (if it hasn’t been already).

Thanks very much. It’s a great combination!

Downside to this build: it is so ridiculously strong and fun it may have ruined me from every other class combination I try! :slight_smile:

You even start the game strong, with Devouring Swarm and Grasping Vines. These two skills are amazing, and I love the way GV is cast. Place it pretty much anywhere and watch tons of mobs just melt away!

Hello, thnk you for this build.

I’m new on the game, is this still viable since AoM has been released ?