Burn, baby, burn (1.1.6.2-1.1.8.1) - Shieldbreaker, the fire slayer (EVERYTHING+)

djnat, thanks a lot my man, for such comprehensive description on what I should do.
Could I also ask on the devotion advice, or should I just level those in grimtools opening them one after another?

Most important devotions to unlock asap are Solael’s witchblade (damage) and Bat (sustain). Then follow the route to unlock other eldritch / chaos ones until you get Ulzuin’s torch which has a super powerful final.

1 Like

+1 to all that. Just wanna add canister bomb is a great leveling skill too, with the moltenclaw slicer axe and the korvan armor it’s wicked powerful

Hello! Im newbie, and trying to find build with posibility to clear all content with DLC, etc. I see only few builds that can achieve 95 sr. What difference between your “EVERYTHING+” and “EVERYTHING+++”?))) Can u help with build that can clear faster or higher content then Shieldbreaker (or I see the best build). Thank you very much. Sorry for maybe my missunderstanding

Just a little joke

1 Like

this build is really fun to play. but when using it, i feel like the health regen isnt help that much, when difficult situations i dont see how regen (even with Behemoth proc) save my char from dying (like boss room in SR 7x and up). By searching GT, i saw that Blightlord amulet is a much better choice: it has the same aether/ elemental res like the conduit (just a lower number, we can fix that), and a hugh more bonus: +1 all Demo/Oath, +130% fire/burn, and final 24 flat fire to BWC. Could you consider that option other than health regen conduit?
Like this for example: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNnX5DGV
Hardcap Judgment and softcap Crushing verdicht for DA shred, so you dont need another button for Flashbang (they all have the same 250 DA shred). And we can get lv 10 Resilence when hard time comes

Flashbang is crucial for the fumble / impaired aim chance especially in the hardest content (gladiator cruci / very high SR shards). And the Vindictive flame conduit is extremely powerful when coupled with strong health regen devotions like Behemoth, plus it provides an amazing extra defensive layer in the form of +3% all max resistances and it gives tons of extra health / energy and nice energy regen, which is quite needed when you go hard on fire spamming. :smiley:

Your setup seems more oriented to offense, but it may feel a bit lackluster when things get really tough.

If you want to trade tankiness for offence you need Shard of Eternal Flame. Turns this build into dps monster.

I would die there w/o Behemoth. I guess, you play wrong, because I played this build on the most difficult levels many times, and Behemoth helped me a lot.

Judgment doesn’t have fumble

->

1 Like

Why do you consider the offhand necessary? I only see one steroid ability, and the other abilities have relatively low cooldowns. Furthermore, what if you had an ill-timed proc? I just don’t see the positives of running it; Is there something I’m missing?

1 Like

I think it’s for bigger uptime of Ascension, Ghoul and Behemoth. They are pretty needed to survive the hardest content of the game.

1 Like

Hmm, didn’t know it applied to devotions as well. Ty!

Celebrating patch with new arenas. I like them a lot :partying_face:

1 Like

Hi, maybe you can help me i’m quite new to end game and the build seemed amazing to me, i manage to collect everything but one ring. And i cannot even do 45-46 without dying on the bosses. Maybe i’ don’t play it good but i noticed some few things :

• You have two seal of might simyltaneously activated (i have only one tough it refuses have two at the same times, will try again) ==> edit : ok it works with two!

• You have meteor falling near yourself , from what it is?
    if there is somethings not obvious to know telle me :wink:

This build just got hit so hard at latest patch :frowning:

From a pure damage point of view, yes, mostly due to thermite mines RR nerf and meteor shower damage reduction. From a defensive point of view, no, it’s a lot stronger than before and near to be immortal until you hit super high SR shards.

1 Like

Kind a late answer, but I don’t recommend to play this build.
Damage was nerfed, nothing is given back in exchange (-1 sec to BS is ridiculous as well as DR on Ulzuin Wraith that works only after you take some hits)
Another build of mine that is trash after “balancing”

2 Likes

I should take my words back and apologize.
Been working on this Shieldbreaker to fit him the game after a long way of balancing. Softcapped Ulzuin’s Wraith as well as a new devotion map were a key to success. Full fire devotions mad does hell of a job here.
The disadvantage is that it’s prob one of the most skill dependent builds I’ve played.

2 Likes

I have a question about Blackwater cocktail - demon fire.

I would like to refer to the old version, without Canister bomb.

With zarthuzellan codex and maxed out demon fire, the overall damage of blackwater cocktail - both fire, and burning damage - is almost doubled. Demonfire gives me huge flat fire boost thanks to chaos to fire conversion, plus well rolled codex gives me flat fire, burning, cdr and huge fire and burning multipliers.

Wouldn’t it be better option than Aldanar’s Vanity? Only problem i see, is where do i get 12 skill points from.

Btw, i don’t know much about demolitionist, i might be completely wrong about it

[Edit] Tested dps in both variants on dummies with Zartuzellan Codex and maxed out Demon Fire: in old variant, the dps is bigger by ~15% -20%. In new variant, the difference is lower than 10%.

To test it, i was just spamming BC, CB, Judgement and Thermite mine on dummy.

Unlisted video from Dmt’s channel - a whooping 6:07 naked crucible run. Sadly no GT attached.

1 Like