Can someone define "Default Weapon Attack" for me?

Hey all… somewhat of a noob here.

Quick question about abilities that can used as default weapon attack…

What exactly does this mean? Does this mean that I have to have this in my LMB slot? Because I chose to not attack with my LMB… I use it as a Move Only option because I don’t prefer clicky click attack style…

I put my goto spam attack (Fire Strike for ex.) on my keyboard… Does this mean that I’m cheating myself of the “Default Attack?” and it’s benefits? or that if I don’t use my LMB that I need to designate ingame a different key?

or does this term just mean an ability that is meant to be spammable?

Any help is much appreaciated… and I FREAKIN LOVE this game.

Ty,

Rob

Default weapon attack is the LMB. So yes, Firestrike, Cadence, Primal Strike and Savagery can all be placed there. I’m not that up on the game mechanics, but I think yes if you don’t have Firestrike on the LMB you’re missing out on the default weapon stuff. That said Weapon Attack is also available on the RMB and the hotkeys so maybe you’re okay as you are. :undecided:

You don’t have to clicky click to attack. I hold down my LMB and when one foe has been dealt with I move on to the next automatically. There’s a classic targeting option in the Option Menu under General - play around with that and see if it makes a difference having it on or off.

A default attack is when you attack with your weapon(s) and no skill related animation is executed. Obviously when a WPS is rolled, then you see its animation instead. :wink:

The skills medea mentioned generally qualify, except for Cadence’s third strike. Primal Strike does not, but while it is on cooldown you use your default attack. You also find suitable attack replacers on items like the Mistborn Talisman.

It does not matter which button or hotkey you assign the attack to.

ok…

The tooltip leads you to believe that it needs to be on LMB.

Firestrike says" When used as your default weapon attack, fire strike does more damage."

I use firestrike as my main “weapon attack”, but it’s bound to my “6” button on my fang. So if it’s not on my LMB and I don’t have a way to tell the game that I’m using “6” in place of LMB then how does this “extra damage” kick in?

It’s implying that the extra damage is only there when it’s used as my default attack.

The default setting for using your weapon attack is lmb… If you choose to use another key it works fine, it’s just far easier to put it on lmb or rmb or even mmb

Fire Strike enhances your default attack. But it is not like a buff, instead you need to use it for your weapon attacks.

You start the game with the Weapon Attack (basic sword icon) on LMB, but you can assign it to any other button / key and replace that later with attack replacers like Fire Strike or recharging attacks like Primal Strike.

Got it!

Thank you for the help.