Can Viper reduce negative resistances?

I’ve heard that the fourth Viper star doesn’t reduce elemental resistances like normal, but by multiplying it by 0.8.
Does this happen before or after the “minus” reductions? And if it is applied after, can it turn a -50% resistance/weakness into a -40% resistance/weakness then?

It actually decreases resistance by the absolute value of 20% of the resistance. So -50% turns into -60%

1 Like
1 Like

That seems amazing then!

If I understood the post you linked correctly, then, let’s say, Hand of Ultos’ and Elemental Storm’s reductions still stack, because they are different effects correct?
But Sacred Strike and Normal Attacks wont both apply stacking instances of Viper’s Reduction?

Yes

Sacred Strike got it’s own flat RR which would apply if there are no flat RR of bigger magnitude. Sacred Strike will still inflict Viper’s RR because it’s a different kind of RR.

1 Like

Sacred Strike got it’s own flat RR which would apply if there are no flat RR of bigger magnitude. Sacred Strike will still inflict Viper’s RR because it’s a different kind of RR.

Yes I realized the example was a bit redundant due to that, so I’ll rephrase. A skill with weapon% scaling will apply Viper’s reduction, but it will not stack with the Viper reduction from normal weapon attacks (or replacers such as fire strike), and only the strongest Viper reduction will affect the targets resistances?

Correct, but viper reduction doesn’t get boosted by weapon dmg, only reduced proportionally if it’s below 100%. There’s no difference between applying it with Sacred Strike or normal attack.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the quick and informative answers!
You really helped me out! :smile: