Can you reset the faction bonuses and what happens to points when you reach revered status?

Is it possible to upgrade the faction bonus ? I bought writs that applied a 50% xp bonus and now I have earned revered in many factions I can apply a writ that provides 150% bonus but when I try to apply this it states a bonus is already applied. Is there anyway to adjust change it (like a potion to drink or an NPC interaction) ?

Other question is - once you hit revered status, do you actually continue to earn points or do they no longer apply (in which case it’s moot to upgrade to a 150% xp writ) ?

Mandates can only be bought when you hit Revered and that’s as high as you can go so of course they can’t be applied to that character since your rep is already maxed. What they’re for is to put into the transfer stash so other characters can use them to gain faction rep more quickly; Writs are souldbound and can’t be used in this way.

No, once you’re at max rep you won’t earn any more XP with them with that character because there’s no point. You’re as high as you can go.

mandate overwrite writ bonus, but the point of mandates is to transfer to other chars

if you are revered, there is no point in getting more reputation

Thanks to both of you for replies. I have stored the higher value XP documents in the transfer stash now I know I can’t use them on an existing character. I’m still coming up to speed with GD (another POE convert) as a whole so once I’m done with my current character and I create a new one these will come in handy.

This might be useful then.

Thanks ! Every bit of info helps. Obviously I’m impatient to get going :slightly_smiling_face: but like any game, the more I understand the less of a challenge/grind things will be. I don’t have a need to rush to get my character to 100 so a bit more read up before the action is all good :+1:

Well, there’s also this

https://www.grimdawn.com/guide/

and this by Malawiglenn which may be useful too.

And if you have questions just ask. Plenty of people around here will help you understand how the game works.