Can't decide between new factions

Create the ideal version of your character on GT, with realistic BiS in every slot, and see which augments you need.

Wait, so picking one does lock you out of the faction gear and stuff from the other 2?

Yeah I got the impression that you choose to do quests for one of them but you can still grind rep for the other 2

I dunno, was playing on MP with my mate cryoo. He did all the quests, I just tagged along and oogled at the scenery

You don’t get locked out of any factions, you just pick which one you want to do story quests for.

This statement really made it sound that you can still grind rep for the other 2:

But the real question here is “do we get access to all three faction vendors”?

Yes, you do.

Thanks! 10chars hyype

Thank you all for the clarification!

I tought it’s like Kymon <-> Vigil

Zantai already confirmed this in the development updates. Choosing a faction just changes what method that cult uses to find out what Korvaak is up to. Also, you only get side quests from that faction (I think)

So I’ve just started playing and I’m at a quandary.

Previously, when aligning with the previous factions - the Order, the Chosen, the Outcast, the Coven or Barrowtholm - they offered better items depending on the type of class you had. For instance, both my spellbinder and conjurer went with the Order because they offered better items for pet builds and using dark arts (like Ocultist and Necromancer).

Granted, it’s literally be a day since the release, but I’m surprised I can’t find any info on the new Witch God cults and which one is best for certain builds - pet builds, melee, ranged, etc. The only one that was sorta helpful was part I of the dev discussion that speaks about these factions and someone mentioned that one cult was for pet builds, one was for vitality, and I can’t remember the other, but that was it.

Given the post was months old, I’m not sure if that still applies.

I guess my question is how does the choice of one faction support a particular character build? It sounds like it’s only quest lines that matter, is this still true and these cults have no bearing on the actual items?

Did you read the post just above yours?

The choice will affect the quests you get. It means it will be easier to gain rep for your chosen cult but you can (and will certainly) reach max rep with all of them in time.

If anyone is still having trouble deciding which faction to choose: Bysmiel has got the AoM girl. That is all.

I’m not selling my soul for a pair of double D’s. But I’m having a roleplaying quandry on whom to help: what would an Inquistor do? I’m guessing Dreeg since it’s the most harmless of the 3 - although it will drive you certifiably mad in the long run.

It doesn’t really matter which Cult you choose for your first playthrough. You will get revered reputation for all 3 factions within a single playthrough if you do a few bounties and buy the writs as soon as they are available. Then you can buy mandates and choose the other cults with your other characters.

If you have to sell your soul either way, might as well do it for a pair of double D’s :stuck_out_tongue:

I do wish there was an option to go against the witch gods like with BarrowHolm.

God I’m happy aom busty babe is for the pet faction. Anyone got a pic of her in game?

Your choice is really between the following:

I picked Solael because I’m playing a shieldbreaker majoring in fire, and Solael is associated with fire/aether damage in-game (witchfire etc). But by faction quest #2 you find out how much of an asshole he is :stuck_out_tongue:

TBH looking at the faction vendors it’s not actually all that clearcut, so I’d say choose based on whatever RP reason works for you :stuck_out_tongue: