Can't decide on builds to play

The best combinations in my opinion are with Soldier+Occultist.

I’m noob with this compilation and I made an SR115 these days and look that you don’t have to do anything basically, just walk around, dodge and press the buttons. :rofl:

Try this one you will not regret it> https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2zYgJaN

Now if you want explosive power have this> https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9LWQQ2

1 Like

Well, you did ask. :wink:

1 Like

Are either of those fresh start viable? Don’t have any chars to farm with so I’m starting from scratch again ahaha

Thanks bae got any other juicy beginner links for me?

Aren’t you in the mood to play with me? I can help you with something.

I have a set of RETA from low to high level, I started with it, if you want I can give it to you without problems and some more if you need.

1 Like

Yes, the FG build compendium - look under Builds for Beginners.

2 Likes

Shoot away hit me with what you got fam

Had a brief look before alot of them are pretty dated now, are they all still viable?

Retal isn’t that fast against annoying mages tho. If you want a really good build to get distracted around and tanky I can recommend Belgo blademaster from here [1.1.6.1] Belgothian Blademaster 100SR/Celestials/75-76 easy farm (videos)

1 Like

Fun and super boss killer.
I love it.

1 Like

Sweet I’ll give that a look :smile: any decent caster recommendations anyone?

1 Like

Yes, they’ve either been updated or you can just ask in the thread if there are any changes the thread’s creator suggests for the later updates.

1 Like

Sweet thanks again man :smiley: was just worried about necro posting in some from the time of the last post aha

Vitality conjurer/ritualist is a great pick. And you got a top notch set target farmable in a few hours. Cabalist, too, but shaman got great health which synergizes with vitality’s life leech.

Then anything with soldier except battlemage. Sturdy melee with Blade Arc is great for beginners. Just make sure the other mastery got physical resistance reduction. Blademaster with nightblade is also very popular beginner pick for melee if you prefer dual wielding.

If you wanna go fast, cold infiltrator. Shadow Strike builds are hands down best for farming main game due to movement. There is a problem when you wanna get to deeper endgame with SS though. Or with cold in general. Many BiS items are ultra rare.

For great AoE and great dmg - either demo with oathkeeper or arcanist or shaman with inquisitor or arcanist. Those build specialize in so called passive dmg - you cast a Totem, Devil, Mortar or BwC puddle and it keeps dealing dmg on its own.

For more active casting: AAR from arcanist. Spellbinder is my favorite but AAR works great in all the flavors and colors. Binder would be best for beginners, though, because aether is AAR’s native dmg.

And then ofc pets are quite popular because they are op defensively. All class combos with shaman, necro and occultist, preferably with shaman for ultra defense.

2 Likes

Yeah, I would definitely recommend this:

You can get from 0 to like easy and consistent SR75-76 farmer in the span of the few days if you do it right. @Nery even wrote a cool guide on it:

2 Likes

thanks for all the help and replies people :smiley: decided to give a pet build a try following @Maya pet guide
deff considering a melee based character next so thanks again for all the help :smile:

2 Likes

speaking of pets, if like me pet scaled pets aren’t your thing this build is always worth a go.

Does anyone have the GT to a warlord that can do high sr in 1.1.7?

You can try my Markovian Warlord:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOPnDX2