Caster Battlemage - Optimization Advice needed

I can ramble on with why I built it the way I did, but if I were to put it simply. I wanted to feel like a caster that played in a pretty interactive and flashy way. :smiley: Iā€™ve always played my Elemental Casters in every ARPG game offensively even on HC, and I wanted to continue doing so.

But I am a realist, and I knew this game didnā€™t give enough lee-way for that type of play due to many instances of unavoidable damage you just have to eat. So I chose a class at the time I made this toon with passives that boosted survivability with the least investment on that 2ndary tree. I was basically playing as a ā€œpure Arcanistā€ with Soldier buffs.

As for the skills, wellā€¦ I wanted Nukes on my Nukes. I stuck a %RR to my OFF, which was my main source of -%RR (Nuke prep). And I used 1 point PRM to fill the screen with Elemental Storms (Nuke Prep).

Agroā€™d the screen into my storms >> OFF >> Devas >> TSS >>> Profitā€¦

Well, that was until Ultimate when I was no longer able to one-shot Heroes that are 5-10 levels above me. That was fine early game when it was little damage, but I know that wouldnā€™t be viable late-game when critters would chunk me 1/3 of my life on a hit. Bosses worse.

The change of perspective conversion to Phys Damage was pretty fresh. Even with less optimal devotion setups, I feel like even Nemesis might be doable now for me now. Valbury Ultimate doesnā€™t seem so scary anymore.

AoM Ultimate will need some getting used to, as only ran 1 toon through it. Will need to get the feel of it on a caster.