Casual gamer looking for ease of use

I’ve had Grim Dawn for several years, but have never been able to devote a lot of time to it. I enjoy the game, but I’m an older gamer (late 40s) with a job, a wife, 5 kids and a mortgage. I’d like to make progress as easily as possible, but all I find are builds for ultra late-game/farming, etc. I’m trying to find a cheap build guide, from the ground up, pathing for skills and devotions, for someone who wants to do all normal content and then progress to harder difficulties as time allows.
I tend to like tankier faceroll chars, but would be fine with pets too. I don’t want to have to manage multiple skill up-times, kiting, etc. Appreciate any solid suggestions!

Forcewave Warlord/Death Knight/Witchblade is pretty good for leveling and it doesn’t require many buttons to use.

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you have both expansions for the game then have a look here.

easy and casual stuff includes
Primal Strike shaman +x, like warder or archon or druid
pet conjurer
vitality caster, like ritualist, archon, oppressor or conjurer
Soldier+X, like forcewave or blade arc or blitzer, specially in conjunction with Oathkeeper or Necromancer or Shaman
gunners you have Purifier or Paladin, Oppressor
personal favourite that has to be mentioned and is a super dope starter too; melee dual wield pierce Blademaster

edit. compendium link sniped by Medea :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes, great starter build! Last time I started over I followed @banana_peel’s Rocky build. :+1: :+1: