Causal Players Ask Dumb Questions - its me, i'm casual players

and i want to ask stupid questions.

Didn’t the Aetherial nemesis used to be a big green guy? Or did I just remember that wrong, its been a while. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I actually really like the storm scourge. I usually avoid the nemeses because I find them boring but the teleporting mechanic especially keeps the fight very engaging.

I have other stupid questions, like I do not understand the character stash and generally stop playing ultimate because my bag is full. How is it intended to work? Are you just supposed to use it for top tier items and just like, do your best not to be annoyed that your new character doesn’t have the low grade gear that would have been useful but you had to blow up because you found a cool gun? Related, where is it best to look for lower level purple stuff? I have to many mythical items that I have never seen the original of. But I also still don’t have a prismatic diamond blueprint so maybe its just luck.

Unrelated I heard a rumour that attributes other than physique may actually be relevant due to new patches. Is this true? Have my dreams of dumping all my points into spirit become viable?

Here are some stupid questions Thank you for your attention.

1 Like

Not sure which stash you mean. There are 2: your personal and transfer stash shared between characters. For both you can buy additional tabs if current ones are full. If you did that and even with all tabs unlocked your stash is full, then this is an intentional constraint the game puts on you. You can either deal with that or… use GDStash for infinite stash.
As for attributes - with my current character I split points like 40 % physique, 40 % cunning, 20 % spirit and have lots of fun. It’s up to you.

The Aetherials’ Nemesis is Valdaran.

https://grimdawn.gamepedia.com/Valdaran,_the_Storm_Scourge

There is a separate Aetherial Vanguard faction whose Nemesis is Archmage Aleksander

https://grimdawn.gamepedia.com/Archmage_Aleksander

Stash-wise, yes more or less. Most people either use mules for extra storage or one of the 3rd party infinite storage tools like GDStash and Grim Dawn Item Assistant to put extra stuff into.

Most drops are random so they could be anywhere and I’m not sure lower level stuff drops if your character’s level is too high.

Cunnning and Spirit did get a bit of a makeover a while back and there are a few builds made with just those instead of Physique. But to be viable will depend on how you build the character. Mostly Physique is still the way to go for most builds in the game.

Can be sold by the vendor in Ancient Grove (Feral Thicket). You can reset the vendor by going into the next level (Tainted Wood) and just wait there for like 30seconds-1min, and then go back to the area where ancient grove vendor is.

Other than that, monster totems, devotion shrines and treasure troves are/used to be - decent places to hunt for blueprints.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat, you changed my life

hi, thanks for paying attention to my stupid questions. I understand on a basic level how the stash functions I’m just not really sure how to use it. There isn’t really enough space in it to store sets or build a collection of items for many different avatars. I’m not really a very organised person though so a lot of my trouble is likely self inflicted. If it’s unique I just dump it in there. I feel kind of bad just selling or blowing up the unique stuff, someone spent time on that design and optimisation.

This is a personal problem, I am aware but I do wish that there was something like an npc where you could give them the things you had found and it was stored in a ‘book’ like the illusionist interface. I don’t know why, it wouldn’t make any practical difference it just would feel less like throwing special items away. RPG conditioning I guess.

Thanks, I wasn’t sure on the spelling. Who was the giant green flesh hulk the boss for then? He had a gross green flesh stash. I thought it was Zantarian? I really don’t remember.

Sad to learn I still can’t dump spirit and live the dream of unlimited energy but I’ll survive. I might do it anyway, as a casual player death is my constant companion anyway.

Spirit dump is actually more common now, especially with arcanist since she has spirit bonus buff in inner focus. But, then you need to get defensive ability elsewhere.

Similar with cunning dump on nightblade builds.

Have a look here and see

https://grimdawn.gamepedia.com/Creatures#Nemesis_Bosses

IMO the stash has become too large but still not large enough to store every item you want to keep. I currently level multiple chars at once, so that I can transfer items between them while they are in a similar level range and before I run out of space. When I switch to the next difficulty I can get rid of low level items, which I won’t use anymore. This way I can use most of the stuff, that I would not be able to shelf when only playing one char at a time through all difficulties.

You should find them, if you farm them on the first difficulty. But then you will have even more stuff to stash away… :cold_sweat:

The only flesh hulk boss I can think of is Venarius, the Backbreaker. He does not have a treasure trove but his loot orb might have reflected the aether-green lighting in Stonerend Quarry.

I had a look at the page medea linked and I think I just totally made up this entire monster. It was like, years ago and the first time I killed a nemesis but I was in Elite and overleveled and must have killed valderan without seeing him while running away from a normal flesh hulk hero monster. It can’t have been venarius because I was in one of the homestead fields. OH WELL.

Man, are you telling me I have to actually organise my stuff? I barely do that with my own things. My clothes are still packed since my flight was cancelled in March! Sad times friends.

How else do you think you are gonna find it? :stuck_out_tongue: There is a search bar in the stash though

whaaaaaaaaaaaat. All these new features that I know nothing about. I’m not even on the current patch. I do like coming back to this game, there’s always something new. It’ll be even more fun once I buy forgotten gods. To actually answer your question though, I generally just scroll through pages forlornly. It’s not efficient.

When I tried that the last time, I realized it does not work for me. If I know what I am looking for, then the search is great. But trying to come up with a new build based on what I have collected overwhelmed me. Being able to assign loot to a char I will start / continue in the foreseeable future provides me with the focus I was lacking before.

1 Like

I have been trying that to be honest, just not very well. It’s difficult when I have half remembered cool stuff spread out on two or three characters but that is my own fault and I should just fix it. I’m also not very good at making functional characters but since I realised that just because you can have two masteries doesn’t mean you can have two or three damage types things have been smoother. hahaha

it is perfectly doable to do fully functional chars using only what themselves find. See for instance the “builds for beginners” section in the build compendium

the tool Grim Search [Tool] Grim Dawn Item Search is great for just see what you have collectede and where that item is located

it is not a tool like GD item assistant or GD stash which manipulates files, the grim search tool is read only

I have a spreadsheet with my current chars, so that I can look up what I have planned for whom. Otherwise I would be lost again. It also contains GT links with drafts for skills and devotion. That might look a bit excessive for a game, but it helps me.

Looks cool and I wish we had something like that in-game. Upgrade it to an character explorer then.

However, my problem was not that my collection was distributed across multiple chars / mules - I already had it organized to some degree. But with too many incomplete sets and dozens of miscellaneous legendaries there were way too many variables and I had no starting point.

That is why I love GD stash, it is very easy to get an overview of what you have (well not learned blueprints but that is easily checked in-game) and also search for items.

Though I would like GD stash to have a version where the char editing and crafting was disabled… it is always so tempting to “cheat” :wink:

Honestly, the only temptation I’ve felt to “cheat” has been to do name changes on occasion. Otherwise I’ve never felt like I needed to cheat in items just because the ability to do it is there.

1 Like