Chaos should really need a buff

am i the only one think Chaos need a lot of buff ???
new set is awesome though ,but no buff for Chaos , Chaos need more than Harbinger set or Doom bolt ,it need more RR , that’s the point,especially for caster char, my Chaos warlock still sucks after so many updates ,so many.even Chaos AAR sucks too :cry:

Yeah,chaos was really bad pre FG,but now is not that impressive also.And it doesn’t have dot,not much RR,I mean Eldritch constellation have decent number,also there’s component for that,but Occultist don’t have it at all. Most of the skill modifiers for chaos RR are in amulet slot.

i know Solael’s Witchblade had 35% Chaos RR but that’s not enough,take a look at the Elemental type RR,you can easily stack up to 100% RR even without using any skill modifies of your gears,and dont mention the RR come from the constellation,that’s not fair,isn’t it?
what Chaos need is a stable RR source like wind devil,Rhowan’s Crown etc.not the component or a crit hit trigger skill,i think that’s the problem

Demolitionist:
Thermite Mines - Hellfire Mine skill gives up to -40% Chaos RR at 12/12

Inquisitor:
Word of Pain - Death Sentence gives up to -25% Chaos RR at 12/12

But that’s it. Much less than Elemental or some other damage types.

However, sometimes RR is not fully representative. Devouring swam in Shaman, a row 1 skill, gives -60% vitality resist, but that is because most enemies tend to have a much higher vitality resistance.

Still, the loss of DoT damage is large - on builds where the DoT is incidental, it still contributes nicely to the overall damage dealt, and no chaos over time is a shame.

Yeah, and Inqusitor/Demolishionist dont specialize in chaos damage even, to be honest (first focuses on pierce/elemental, second - on fire/lightning/physical). And Occultist, who seem to have nice portion of chaos damage, doesnt have any chaos RR.
We have 0 masteries, that grand strong support to chaos damage. It’s simply underperforming.

Yeah I just theorycrafted a chaos EoR Sentinel.

88% RR

Chaos is still a joke.

however to the nemesis , Reaper and BennJahr has 94 Chaos Resistance, Kaisan has 63 too , and Reaper or Kaisan can really dealt some threat to you,that means without a decent Chaos RR you can’t kill em in a speed.
I know Demo and Inquis had these skill for RR , to the other class combination , if you want to play Chaos ,the RR selection is too narrow,and not decent

I always found it weird (not in balancing way but simply “lore”) that Occultist has RR to Acid/Vit and nothing to chaos, it would just feel right to have chaos RR in CoF (or its modifier ofc), it would make it even more op then it is but yeah… where else to put it in the mastery so all chaos builds can profit off it. It imo surely should exist somewhere in the tree since the most builds people complain about are the chaos warlocks and overally most of chaos builds.

then again im in no place to judge any balance since my only chaos build is atm in shitty place. looking at it purely lore/logical sense wise.

Considering Zantai has on several occassion send the message that he thinks Chaos is in a good place, despite multiple evidence for the opposite brought by players real experience with vaious Chaos based builds - i dont think we should expect anything to be done in that regard :cry:

They buffed Rahzin set in a possitive direction, but still its the weakest of all DW melee options in the game (and by a long distance that is).

Also lets keep in perspective that Crate has very limited resources hence they have to diligently prioritise what they work on and what not.

What if you grab Solael’s Witchblade devotion and combine the Harbinger set with Rah’Zin’s set and for good measure either grab demo with Hellfire Mines or inquisitor and use death sentence.

Theoretically it’s well over 100 Chaos RR though I’m unsure whether “Touch of Chaos” works with ranged weapons and I can’t be arsed to try it. :slight_smile:

Great idea!Touch of chaos is indeed working with ranged weapons.
Inquisitor is better choice for ranged build ofc,easy to spam RR and you can use Ignaffar combustion relic and rings for extra RR.

With 103% Chaos res of Ravager, for now, I still can’t believe it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjPJRjj7MV4&feature=youtu.be :slight_smile:

I think, chaos RR should come naturally from class, not just band-aided with some (mandatory) items/sets.

Yea. Outside of rahzin and harbinger builds chaos is laughably bad in terms of rr. Need some sort of class support tbh.

Were Death Sentence and Hellfire Mines deleted from the game? :confused:

Chaos is not an obvious is top tier dmg type like lightning. It was designed to have little rr and struggle with resistant enemies, force to build around stuff like double Sanctified Bone, Mark of Solael, etc. It (tries to) make up for it with very high flat and %dmg as well as an option for huge spikes thanks to Abominable Might (Rah’Zin might be the worst of the nightblade sets but I’ve only seen comparably fast nemesis kills on Fluff’s new Belgothian).

Chaos is not bad. It’s just difficult to build around. Double Bone, usually non-myth Blood Sigil, and generally stacking racial to make up for low rr is a must.

Oh, in every chaos discussion this must be repeated again and again: Rah’Zin needs energy regen. And lots of it!

As much as I have mostly adopted the attitude that “it is what it is”, chaos probably could have used some more RR with the overcapping oversight.

I personally suspect GD was originally designed with the intent that RR would counter resists and was not expected to become a critical multiplier after resists were reduced to 0. This either was not caught soon enough or was predicted that it would not have the impact it actually has on every single build. After many balance changes to stuff, a complete fundamental re-balance would have been too much work.

The original idea would have been to give many sources of RR so builds could diversify and not always take the same RR paths/items.

(I can only guess this to be the most obvious explanation for why GD went this direction).

But both Demo and especially Inquisitor don’t have chaos damage.Inquisitor don’t have single attack that deals chaos,except transmuted FoI.Occultist have a lot of chaos damage and attacks,but no RR.Except Obsidian juggernaut every source of RR is in amulet or full set,which requires amulet.

My suggestion,replace bleeding with chaos in CoF in Occultist and change -RR with flat or x% in sets.

Other builds also can stack racial, in addition to higher RR.
So, yes, overall chaos IS bad. That’s why crate tries to compensate it with OP items and augments. Just look - the best ring augment is chaos-based (and every second non-chaos build uses it still). Why? Cause chaos need a buff. But i’d prefer to see a direct buff to chaos, rather than adding OP chaos-based items to compensate.

And? Inquisitor has no aether damage on it except for Storm Box transmuter. And aether Inquisitor builds are pretty strong. Demolitionist has chaos in Brimstone and Hellfire Mines.

Peope are gonna have to pinpoint specific issues with Chaos instead of broad claims with not much evidence. Like mention specific chaos builds that are struggling.