Chinese translation doesn't work. It appears gibberish or squares

Try verifying game files.

Are you using any mods? If so try without mods.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.
I did verify the game but it changes nothing and no, I didn’t use any mods yet.

Looks like the latest update did something.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I thought, Cause I did play this game last night and everything works fine. Now I have to use English translation. I better find a way to deal with those ‘uncommon English words’ as a foreigner. Like those devil’s name or the name of location etc.

1 Like

I have those problems with those words too, and I’m an English speaker! :smile:

1 Like

The Chinese font display will be broken, please correct it, thank you

Do you have an example? And have you modified anything?

Chinese fonts break when adjusting the UI scale . When I adjust it to the default interface ratio, the Chinese font can be displayed normally.

I cannot reproduce this. What scale setting? Do you have an example of where it breaks?

like this

UI Scale

Your font style looks different from the official one…did you modify the game in any way? Custom fonts?

Hey Zantai, we still got this problem as Chinese translation user. Some of content shows gibberish or something doesn’t make senses.
But it seems I found the way to solve it. Those gibberish ONLY appear when you play this game with Window Mode - FULLSCREEN. It won’t happen if you play with either ‘Windowed’ or ‘Windowed(Borderless)’

Still looks fine for me in Fullscreen, Windowed, or Windowed (Borderless). Some other factor is involved.

You could also solve the specific question which mentioned by Dean_Lee by follow this way.

This if Fullscreen with UI Scaled up a little, as in the example above.

unsure if related/sry to jump in
but using google translate on a steam post comment it seemed like someone was using manual downloaded chinese translation and/or fonts “before the new update”
made me think maybe that was common in the chinese community? - and that old “manual”/previous chinese translation/font then conflicts with the new updated official version?
or as zantai put it here:

perhaps remnants of old (custom/manual downloaded) files in relation to translation itself or just fonts? - that then needs to be removed to not conflict with 0.3 official version?

I have encountered the same issue; there are varying degrees of garbled characters when I set the UI Scale to different values.
for example:

UI Scale=0.8
However, when I set the UI Scale to less than 0.4 or other appropriate values, the display appears normal.

Well, currently I’m using the default Chinese translation front. So I think font conflict is not the reason why this occurs. But some of Chinese player might try to change the font since there are plenty of fonts. They might get interested in specific one.

1 Like

In addition, I have noticed similar issues with other languages, such as Japanese.

UI Scale=0.8