Cleansing shrines

Is there a reason when you have to make an offering and the materials are in your stash the game makes you portal back to town to get them? This only seems to break your stride for ~30s for no apparent reason. I think the game retrieving those automatically would be a neat QoL improvement.

I’m lazy enough to second that suggestion!

I agree that would be nice…

My guess would be that the shrines are being treated kind of like quests. Quest items can not be transferred between characters. My guess would be it is probably in the code to prevent direct access to your bank/stash for shrines that require certain items…the same way quests are… I believe this works the same for quests I had to go retrieve the tooth from my bank to turn in for the Witch’s quest… Plus some of the shrines do involve some non-tradable items like hearts/crystals…

the blacksmith has access to your bank and your shared stash… There probably could be a way for them to allow access to only your characters personal bank and not the shared stash for shrines? However, what would it really matter as you can’t put quest items in your shared stash anyways…

So yeah… seems like that should be an easy QoL change…probably…

I keep all Bloods/Hearts/Brains on me anyway, so that affects nothing. By the time you get into ultimate, you just keep it on you (Because you obtain it so often), its 6 slots (18 if you also add in Scrap, Dynamite, eyes, shards and crystals) to keep in your perma-inventory, and I usually keep my components on the remaining inv slots in my main page, and use the rest of the pages for actual loot. The only time you really can bother putting them up is in the early game, where there is only 2 shrine that even use RCMs, the rest just use components and maybe scrap. Once you get into Elite they start using the RCMs more, but you are obtaining them more as well, so it breaks even so long as you keep them in your inventory all the time.

I keep the purple items on me too, but the completed components go in the stash… Just too much room with completed and incomplete components together… I pick up all yellow+ items, so I like to not have to go back to town to sell as frequently… Just the way I do it… To each their own, as they say… Main point though, is there doesn’t seem to be a big reason to not allow access to the bank for shrines the same way blacksmiths have access for those that do use their bank for items then don’t use…

oh yes please - love this QoL idea

It’s the regular crafting materials that are used more often for shrines. And by the time you get to ultimate, you’ve already cleansed 45 out of 50 shrines.
If the blacksmiths can use materials straight from your stash, I see little reason for shrines to act differently.