Cold Phantasmal Blades items and Harra's Artifice set could get some buffs

Just jumping in quickly to clarify 2 things here:

1. I’m not a Praetorian and whether I or Ceno/Norzan are Praets has no bearing on the current topic.

2. I liked Fluff’s post mainly because he is trying to preserve a unique playstyle in Cold cd PBlades and improve it and I approve of that.

nice but this setup is not for maximum damage. and not for maximum defence. it just lacks both - damage from PB spam and resists that are very poorly covered EVEN with 2 Seals of Might.

Have you tried playing it as a Nuke/DoT caster? Because that’s what it actually is.
EDIT. Please post your gt link here.

GT link is in the topic. Just scroll to the beginning.

What about nukes - sorry but I haven’t seen any DoT bonuses to PB for them to become a true nuke.
Throwing some blades 1 time per 1,5 sec in a very strange pleasure.

1 Like

There’s your DoT. Please post the file. I’m takeing this for a spin right now :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1T0bnyxYalDauO3Lp1uUFSAFVB4IAXO6D

This thread be like…

sigh

1 Like

and actually this thread is not only about buffing damage part of Harra but its defensive side too. I think it’s obvious what set lacks.

Its all good and bla bla bla. But giving some examples, nice feedbacks ect. is always welcome. Or am I asking for something impossible? Lol, I’ve even been flagged for my post
Lets stay on topic please
I’ve been working some time on Harra. I’ve managed to get some good stats and even spirit dump for damage. But overall cold RR on Harra and % damage isn’t enough for quality endgame playing with Spellbreaker, though I like a lot this concept. Moreover, the set starves on skillpoints a lot. You can’t even properly get musthave passives with two main damaging skills

1 Like

Ok so, did 2 runs with it, random mutators. First one i didn’t touch the setup at all, was a pretty clean 7.05. Second one i did some changes to the setup to get leviathan, ditched giant’s blood, went for cd pb and ice spikes and it was also a 7.02 :D. On the second run i didn’t have any survivability issues without giant’s blood. I guess you just need to time well your mirror, PB, nullify. That’s mostly it. Lets say i agree with buffing the offensive part a bit, but i think the defensive stats should stay untouched.

2 Likes

I’m breaking my word above but you were cool about it so:

…on RR issue you mention, I tested Sabo so I had the RR. just that Cd PB + Spam SJ was not that great. Basically PB but needs more Cd and more power behind it

Otherwise i really really liked the concept and the potential is within the player’s grasp, just needs those tweaks on mods.

It’s not worth killing the style just because it doesn’t work right now. Just make the mods a bit better

For the record my sabo did 6:20 back then. not a great time. Stating it for reference

Made 6.46 with harra. Sad damage, Grava and Kuba (due to cold resist and disrupt) bring big troubles to that build. I agree with your suggestions, harra needs buff

1 Like

And that’s what OP asked for, though it has to be said, Harra needs a bit of steroids on Spellbreaker side, because ->

OP asks for Cold PB spam exclusively.

What I said is improve the CDR part of PB that already exists, to maintain the CD Burst dmg style of PB

That might be difficult. Such playstyle is very similar to Infernal Shieldbreaker. BUT, IK don’t need to use targeted nukes -> waste time to additional moves. Build can kite and throw all the BWC and mines in front of itself, and Judgment is an non target AoE nuke. Moreover all the skills of IK make a solid DPS comdo with no need for filler like Stormfire -> might take two seals of might for sturdiness.
On the other side, Callidor Tempest is a very bad support for Phantasmal Blade. So the filler is needed -> only one seal og might possible. And what I don’t get at all is the fact that set and dedicated items don’t have cold rr and very little support of + to NB and Arcanist mastery ->

I hope the comparison with IK might clarify the Harra problem a bit.

2 Likes

Your comparison takes only CT + PB build into account. Imo for CT to work you need to fully dedicate to it. And that’s a 2-hander job. Either Wyrm or Bane ,the latter being better.

With 2h Wyrm cold CT ( a build that belonged to someone else and wanted to try). I had consistent 6 min runs. Bane should do arguably better even than that

Now back to Cd PB. Like I said Above I don’t think pairing it with CT is a good idea. You need double RR mastery combo for the PB bursts to work.

That is why I chose Sabo that already supports a spam spell, SJ, with the added benefit of RR.

Looks something like this…both pretty and the potential is there:

harra

AS you can imagine, with proper support, the shotgun power is very decent. Just making the CDR mods for PB and increasing flat mod a bit would do great.

As for SJ. all it needs is a bit better access to Full Spread. I can get it to 21 max with every relevant item. Just need a +1 or +2 somewhere

But… but… Spellbreaker

4 Likes

I know. As a big fan of CD PB you can imagine I’d really want Star Pact to go with it…

Actually, it’s fine if cold Sabo with 2 nukes and 2 RR-s works (if there are videos I’ll be super-happy) but yeah, we have a spellbreaker that can’t afford himself maxing 2 skills (being extremely short on skill points) and the skills don’t pair well.
So, buffing cold PB is a likely choice. Or even adding an RR proc to the set.
But still the thread is about spam PB, not cd version.

I know what Harra’s Set needs. Pet Support in the Arcanist side so that Pet Warlocks have a fighting chance with the likes of Pet Deceivers. An additional Pet wouldn’t hurt too, since it takes up amulet slot, so no 2x Birbs.