For a full guide, download this pdf-file from my Google-Drive:
Pre-Vanquish Skatebreaker (pdf)
For updates to the guide, see below.
This forum post will be used to post updates about the guide, variations of builds, tips and tricks etc.
The goal of this guide is to make a char from scratch that can farm the rogue-like dungeons for its end-game set The Vanquisher for optimal skating abilities.
Grim Tool link to basic build:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWlQzeZ (184.108.40.206 patch)
Which is the set-up for Steps of Torment (SoT) / Bastion of Chaos (BoC) farming for The Vanquisher set-pieces that drops in those dungeons.
The guide also provide Ancient Grove (AG) and Port Valbury (PV) set-ups.
Version for 220.127.116.11 patch:
Uses some of the updates listed below (soon, if I have time)
Teaser video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AfXZLJLI-M
Click to read pros
- The build is almost trivial to level and gear up.
- Many flashy procs and busy playstyle (which will become even more involved when we get more cooldown reduction on Vire’s might).
- End-game set The Vanquisher is “farmable” (can also be a bad thing since it might become boring to farm same dungeon over and over again).
- Many interesting and strong Shieldbreaker builds one can change to later (shield throw, spin2win, bomb-caster, and I bet melee sword & shield / DW is doable too).
- Fast movement
Click to read cons
- I use shield to get dmg reduction on Judgment and as a good source of physical resists. The Zarthuzellan’s off-hand we will farm while we do SoT runs and will be used later. This means we are note 100% focusing on skating actually.
- For farming the Vanquisher set, the bosses in BoC and AG have huge fire resistance which means those fights can become quite extended with a budget set-up like this.
These faction shoulders are also worth to consider Elite Bysmiel Arcane Spaulders (and lower tier)
These MI belts now gives +1 to Demolitionost / Oathkeeper respectively and might be worth using of you find a good one: Chains of Ordas & Gargoyle Girdle
Here is another budget skater build
Vanquisher sentinel by @Udars he has several versions of it, one of them is both super cheap and strong!
Here you can find more of my Beginner Friendly builds
collection of malawiglenn’s beginner friendly builds
- - - - I NEED HELP - - - -
I would really like to help all of you in your progress and to answer all possible questions you might have - but I will not have that much time with that unfortunately (I can a handful of PM’s on a daily basis with questions). I feel the guides are detailed enough. If my guides are not enough: use google and search for your question, read other guides (like more general guides on game mechanics) see below.
I also have a full time job, partner, and other hobbies (like I also play this game at least 10h/week).
You can for instance ask questions here (official Grim Dawn discord - link ) Grim Dawn on Discord and I am sure people will help you.
You can also ask questions here in this thread: you need to specify what build/guide you are following and so on so that I and others can help you as good as possible.
From the guides-section on this forum:
A how-to on getting loot efficiently on solo play + advice on levelling
Farming Routes/Farming Guides Compilation
Devotions: A how-to on maximizing them
How to - Move your saves from Steam cloud to Grim Dawn's default location.
Tips I Wish I Knew Before Playing
Advanced Mechanics good guide about basic game mechanics but still not changed to fit the new forum’s formatting.