Collection of visual/cosmetic improvements

There are already quite some topics out there that are dedicated to bug reporting or gameplay feedback but I think that the visuals should also receive some well-deserved feedback. I hope this topic can be some kind of collection for purely visual/cosmetic aspects. :eyes:

First of all I would like to praise all responsible designers and artists from Crate Entertainment for their outstanding work so far. Especially the attention to detail and the homogeneity of the whole appearance of this game is on an impressive level. Keep it up designers and artists! :partying_face:

Nonetheless, I found a few minor things I think can be improved during early access:

1. The town hall looks rather desolate and lifeless.
A few trees and bushes around it, open windows with people looking out etc. could change that impression and give it more of a feeling true to a town hall.

2. Graveyards also look rather monotonous.
Occasional trees, bushes, different grave decorations, people mourning etc. could make the appearance look more genuine. Graveyards would also feel more authentic if the graves would not stack from one side to the other but scatter throughout the complete graveyard.

3. The decorative elements with red bricks do not blend well with the rest of the appearance.
A change to a grayish or a less vibrant red color could fit better into the overall scheme.

4. Markets look empty and uninhabited. (added by @chris89)
Adding people roaming around, chattering, and buying goods would make markets feel more authentic.

I would love to hear more feedback from other players and what they would change/improve visually. :nerd_face:

5 Likes

even though these may be minor changes not impacting gameplay, i agree an all three suggestions.
please adjust so they fit to the rest of this awesome game!

1 Like

Great to have a place for visual aspects on this forum!

I donā€™t mind about the red brick decorative elements but I totally second the lifeless town hall and the monotonuos graveyard stacking with graves like Tetris.

Lifeless market
Iā€™d also like to add another mention: the market looks beautiful but nobody is using it visually. Itā€™s dead. I would prefer people roaming through it buying food and such for their families as it used to be a place where people came together back then. :slightly_smiling_face:

Does feedback being posted here reach the designers/artists as well @medea_fleecestealer?

2 Likes

Yes, they see everything in this section and the Bug Reporting section.

3 Likes

Great addition @chris89, I suppose the ā€œlifelessnessā€ of the town hall I mentioned or the market you mentioned is something being worked on during early access. :pray:

Yes, buildings that have some flowers, trees, shrubs, vines, etc. around them will look more lively and beautiful!

1 Like

can you collect all feedback in the initial post @J1v1n? this way, the people in charge at crate entertainment can see everything at a glance.

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™ll do so later this day @garrygrant. Iā€™ll add all feedback regarding visual/cosmetic aspects in the opening post of myself. :partying_face:

1 Like

idk if it has already been mentioned but all the ā€œregularā€ residents look exactly alike. does anyone know if it is planned to have at least a few different character models? otherwise, this is something i want to point out in this topic just as well.

2 Likes

1. The town hall looks rather desolate and lifeless.
A few trees and bushes around it, open windows with people looking out etc. could change that impression and give it more of a feeling true to a town hall.

In general Iā€™d like to see small, ornamental items that we can add directly and individually to building plots. More freedom for creativity, especially on many of the barren buildings such as this. Imagine a banner strung across the front of the trading post, or a tiny water fountain in the front yard of a shelter.

3. The decorative elements with red bricks do not blend well with the rest of the appearance.

Agreed. In terms of aesthetic I do not like upgrading plazas, but only do so because of the benefit to desirability. Perhaps these gel better with the planned Tier 4/5 buildings.

I know the devs are working on more decorations but until they release more info we wonā€™t know.

1 Like

Absolutely second your praise and your suggestions. I love that some of the buildings, eg soap-maker and woodsplitter have animations within the asset to show the workers t work, but I would love to see more of that around the (non-polluting) resources like the cobbler and basket-maker which would bring more life to a town centre, the few which could populate a ā€˜high streetā€™ donā€™t have much going on around them. I would also suggest a ā€˜market crossā€™ would fit nicely alongside a shrine in the decorations tabā€¦

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.