Commando build advice

I’m a bit concerned that I don’t have the right devotions as I run out of energy and have to use potions in any prolonged fight.

Any advice appreciated.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2M74BQZ

Your issue is that you have very low energy regen per second. From Grimtools it looks as if you only regen 9/s. As such, once you’ve depleted your available pool, iirc(?) you’ll start to eliminate energy that is reserved for your buffs. But in any case, one grenado is ~100 energy and you’ll wait 10s to get that back without potions.

You have some buffs which take 1/2 your energy regen, either directly per second or indirectly by reducing your energy pool. Therefore, you need to get more energy per second or increase your pool. I see you have taken a devotion that helps, but you need more.

Ways to do this:

1. components/devotions/items that provide energy regeneration per second or more base energy ie, Ectoplasm, caster chest/head/amulet, etc.
  2. put more into or find gear/devotions with spirit
  3. the devotion Bard’s Harp provides a fair boost to energy from both the proc and the nodes. This is a nice helper.
  4. items/devotions with energy leech, such as the Arcane spark component (guaranteed leech). Devotions help, but generally they have only %chance.

Edit: I see you have fair amount of energy absorb, which is good…but only if you are constantly spammed by energy spells in battle. You generally need adequate base regen and/or leech.

1 Like

Thanks for reply, will look into getting better gear and Bards harp.