Comment on my build - 2h lightning warder

My planned build http://grimcalc.com/build/1009-bN85Vc

I will put most stat points into physique, save 15-20 last points for adjustments

Please advise me on the skill build:

• Should I use thunderous strike transmuter and remove all WPS?
  • Blade arc spam vs primal strike spam, which is more efficient? I want to focus on lightning damage because I have bad experience with damage reflection
  • Would the lightning damage attack work with HP leech/conversion?

Also please advise on devotion setup. I want a balanced build between damage and defense, my control is pretty bad so without defense I will die a lot. Also I’m pretty new and this char is self-found only, no legendary items please.

Currently I already have Falcon, Hawk, Eel and Kraken devotion. I guess I want Heavenly Spear at the end, but how should I progress?

Thanks in advance for your help

http://grimcalc.com/build/1009-QMe7LO
This is the core of defensive devotion tree. Getting Tree of Life and 3 nodes of Menhir Obelisk is a stapple for tanky no-brainer.
Widow’s Arcane Bomb is mandatory for any lightning build but the rest (like Spear) is not so necessary. Also you should either take Rhowan’s Crown for it’s Elemental Storm or level Raging Tempest (Wind Devil’s secondary skill) for more resist reduction.

You can jiggle with the rest as you wish. If you want more tankiness place 3 points in the Behemoth (requirements met). If you want more damage… well… not an easy task with such a tanky setup :slight_smile:

• Should I use thunderous strike transmuter and remove all WPS?

It’s the matter of preference and items you have but if you like lot of lightnings then yes. You can also use some ranged weapon in a swap (like Raka’Jax or Chosen Bolter).

• Blade arc spam vs primal strike spam, which is more efficient? I want to focus on lightning damage because I have bad experience with damage reflection

Blade Arc is more about bleeding/internal trauma. You can easily build around Savagery/Transmuted Blade Arc for immense Bleed numbers but this is completely different story. Ulo’s Cleansing Waters helps alot with a reflected DOTs. Just place it on some skills that you don’t use during usual fight and use it when needed (Forcewave for example).

• Would the lightning damage attack work with HP leech/conversion?
    Yes it works. But in the endgame lifesteal is not very effective method of sustain if you don’t have several lifesteal resist reduction sources. Regeneration is much more reliable and this is why Tree of Life is one of the best defensive devotion.

upd: just found this, check it out. Despite it’s an old build not much have changed since then (though the damge of PS was nerfed with a several patches).