Community Localizations (v1.1.9.0)

Hello Rhis!

Please change the version number to v1.1.9.0 for translation downloads!

Zwischenablage01

1 Like

There is a minor change that hasn’t been included in the community_english_1190:
In the file “tags_uimain”,
tagTitleScreenText=Grim Dawn{^n}©2020 Crate Entertainment, LLC{^n} should change into
tagTitleScreenText=Grim Dawn{^n}©2021 Crate Entertainment, LLC{^n}

1 Like

is there no translation changes for the new update?

New patch does not necessarily mean new localization file!

But see here: Changes in v1.1.9.2 - just in case for translators

1 Like

It would be nice if the devs could provide us with the latest localization files. Whenever there’s an update and the devs don’t say anything about text changes, I automatically assume there aren’t any changes.

Since v1.1.9.0, we have tried to keep text changes to an absolutely minimum, if at all.

The community has already done so much to improve the experience for our non-English speaking players, it feels wrong to ping you all because we corrected a few typos!

V1.1.9.2 did have a couple lines, as pointed out above, one of which was more significant, but not critical.

V1.1.9.3 does not have any changes, and at this point I doubt v1.1.9.4 will either.

3 Likes

Ok, thanks Zantai.

Hello, what is the font color code of this suit name?
I’ve tried all 25 letters from ^ A to ^ Z except n, and I can’t find this color.
GD套装名称颜色?

Try this way:

Take care!
GP.

Thank you. I see the answers to similar questions.

can someone share the latest 1.1.9.6 English package?

Here you go. I believe these files are accurate, although I’m not 100% sure.
Grim Dawn Inglês 1.1.9.6.zip (1.2 MB)

1 Like

Hey, were there any changes for the new version?

The only changes we make to text now are minor corrections like spelling or grammatical errors.

Hey,
I’m working on the Finnish translation for the game and I am having some trouble with the gender support.
I only use it to use different forms with plural forms and it works fine with properties such as “Mythical”
However, I can’t seem to make it work with tagEnchanted and tagQualityClass. For these I have:

tagEnchanted=[ms]Laajennettu[mp]Laajennetut //line 2631 in tags_items
tagLegend=[ms]Legendaarinen[mp]Legendaariset //line 907 in tags_items

// and everything after it are for context but are not actually in the file

The other available genders are not used because they are not needed but even if they are included, there is not difference. This format works with the Mythical tag and item names. But this is what it looks like in-game.

What should happen is that the text reads Laajennetut Legendaariset Housut and nothing else. The mythical tag Myyttiset works with the plural noun Jalkasuojat. The plural noun Housut has the same tag [mp] assigned to it but doesn’t work.
This happens with every item regardless of whether they have a gender code assigned to them ([mp] in case of plural nouns) or no gender code (with singular nouns).

I do not know if it helps but the ItemNameOrder used is {%_3a0}{%_s4}{%_3a1}{%_3a2}{%_s3}. This should make it so that the item name determines the gender.

Thanks in advance!

Hi.
You need set tags_ui.txt, 1412 and 1414 lines.

We used this in RU translation for genders of item types but moved “Augmented” at end of line.

TripleStringFormat=${%2a1}{%_s2}{%_s0}
QuadStringFormat=${%_3a1}{%_3a2}{%_s3}{%_s0}

Thank you so much!
These line changes fixed all the problems that I had.

Another one technical question
Conversion tag uses following format: tagDamageConversion={%.0f0}% {^E}{%s1} converted to {%s2}
Is it possible assign gender to %s1 and %s2 subtags for it will always, for example, [ms] for first and [mp] for second?

I know [ms] represents male and [fs] represents female, so what does [mp] represent?

In addition, why should we change the injury from one Gender transition to another?

s is singular, p is plural. [mp] and [fp] forms uses in some languages, in French for example.

I actually need use different forms for 2 different tags with shared pool of variables: tagDamageConversion and tagDamageRemoval