🎉 Congrats to Crate for making it in Steam's Best of 2019 with Grim Dawn

:tada: 2019 Top Sellers, Category: Bronze (top 100 games as measured by gross revenue this year)

Insert GIF of @Zantai wiping tears of joy with money here

:tada: 2019 Most Played, Category: Over 15,000 simultaneous players

Thanks for all your hardwork. Appreciation goes to the players and the wonderful community as well! :clinking_glasses:

31 Likes

Congrats Crate!!!

(Please keep up the balancing/patches this coming year!)

4 Likes

Congrats to Crate for this achievement!

And even bigger success next year!

3 Likes

Yeah Conratulation though i’ve to say, atleast for the Most Played Games i wasn’t really surprised.
If you look at Steam-Forum for other Games there often comes this Topic up about “Is the Game Dead?” Simply because it’s around 1k up to 10k and other Folks post there the Statistics to showcase that like 10K is still “much”… and Grim Dawn was everytime in the top 100.

The “Top Sellers” price is still kinda surprising(but definitely deserved…), though i’ve to say a lot happened for GD 2019. Forgotten Gods did come out, a lot of Great free stuff in terms of Content-drops especially the QoL which did polish the game to the next level, also there are a few huge Youtubers which showcased the Game like Rhykker and Gronkh… so yeah.

I’ve yet to point out, that’s already a huge success in my Eyes(even while i thinking GD would deserve even more “attention”), when you think about it how we’ve two Monsters dominate this Genre. Diablo 3 and Path of Exile… and both are trimmed to modern Gamers one for the casual crowd, the other one more hardcore but free2play and a huge emphasis of Online-Features. (Seasons, Economy, etc)

To see a traditional Hack’N’Slay which isn’t forced “online-only”, have classic Qualities like letting play you the Game HOW YOU WANT… singleplayer, multiplayer LAN or Online, as well a huge Emphasis on Modding, and innovating / give a fresh experience rather on proper Gameplay stuff instead of the “online-carrots” makes me really happy. I looking forward to Diablo 4, Last Epoch and Wolcen… but especially D4 will lose again on PC(and this time also on Console) the freedom of choice to play the game how you want, and are forced to play online is a bit of a downer to me.

Great Work @Zantai and the rest of Crate… you’ve done a stellar job and meanwhile this isn’t really my “Cup of tea” i can’t wait to see your next Game with the City Builder and also doing well with the Xbox Port. As Grim Dawn Fan i still hope you won’t “abandon” the Game completly(hate the word… let’s rather say "not finish the Game this early) and give us still some meat from time to time, than again it doesn’t seem that way, atleast for 2020 and i really can understand that you guys are burned out on GD and want to move on to something new. One thing is for sure, you are now also one of my absolute Favorite Developers and did something which i hardly consider any other Game to achieve besides Torchlight 2. You delievered a Game in of my Favorite Genres and play in the same League of the best ones(Diablo).

6 Likes

The team put in tremendous effort into supporting Grim Dawn and we would have been proud of it regardless of outcome.

That Grim Dawn has made the top 100 sellers for I think 3 years straight now is definitely very rewarding to see for us!

31 Likes

Indeed you have. I knew GD had been in the top sellers at least one other year. but 3 years straight is great news. And getting into the most played as well shows players are still hearing about the game, giving it a try and becoming as addicted as the rest of us. :slightly_smiling_face:

The passion, love and hard work you’ve all put in over the years just shows what a great team and company Crate is. Hopefully Medierra will treat you all to a few tri-beers in celebration. :beers:

@LightningYu What are you on about? There are still updates to come for the game.

2 Likes

I know, if you read through the Topic you will most likely find my Answer to that.
My Point was rather a overall statement that i hope the Update / Content Support will last longer than we might imagine. Not to claim there won’t come anymore because for fact i know there are still some to come (I’m really hyped for the Totems…)

2 Likes

I did read it.

Guess it depends on what you call “meat”. I doubt we’ll get anything on the scale of v.1.1.5.0, but you never know.

Zantai’s said several times that Crate will continue to support the game so long as it’s financially viable to do so.

1 Like

A game like GD can be basically immortal thanks to mods (look at median xl for diablo 2) and this is fantastic :333

1 Like

As an independent filmmaker, i just have to say i LOVE seeing hard work get recognized. Congratulations to Crate and its team. I’m fairly certain, from experience, that in this case “worked their asses off” is a gross understatement.

1 Like

Congrats in making your third consecutive but probably final year at the Steam awards!! Hopefully not!

Moar power to the team who made the best aprg of the decade :grin:!!!

Looking forward to see the money earned being spent in moar townbuilding from 2020 and beyond!

1 Like

zajebiście
[10 required characters is all this comment needs :rofl: ]

1 Like

Congratulations on very deserved results! :partying_face:

1 Like

Finally picked up both Loyalist packs last night and hope you guys release a third!!

Anything to keep the patches comin’ heh (not counting the at least half-dozen base-game copies I’ve gifted over the years)

2 Likes

Just announce XP3 already goddammit :):kissing_smiling_eyes:

A post was merged into an existing topic: El-critico’s Whine Corner

Altough i’ve been sceptical ftom time to time, i would realy want to congrats the whole dev team on these beatifull results! GD has been een absolute dream game, the best in its kind for the past few years.

I love to see the support and i hope you guys will keep it up. Furthermore, good luck and alot of fun on creating other titels.

Best of wishes for 2020 and have a good happy new year!

1 Like