Consider adding other bonuses besides damage for pet items or potential pet items

Since sets have removed or reduced damage, why not add one or more support skills that aren’t any or hard to find such as reduced petrify duration or even skills that are not as useful?

For example since you removed primal spirit bonus on the beastcaller shoulder set items, why not add a useless skill outside of it consistent with conjurers such as blood of dreeg or another pet bonus (i.e additional resistance) to make up for that lost skill bonus?

Other than that, this is going to be off topic, but my main issue is that I don’t think the main pet items should be tweaked upon, but rather find items that have the potential to be pet items for other classes. Because again, itemization for pet items is limited (unless you are planning to do a major loot overhaul overall).

Because the goal was to nerf pet sets relative to non-sets, not compensate them.

That’s not going to happen. Other items don’t have the budget or space to suddenly also become pet items.

Then the items they have need to be made more viable. The amount of items pets have is exactly how many they should have proportionally based on number of playstyles.

1 Like

I appreciate the shift towards non set item, and looks like the results is pretty nice for nonset pet build. There is something still troubling me though, I’m not expecting the shift of power from sets would be reducing the +skill bonuses instead of nerfing their damage/other stat bonus from the set.

Out of 3 great pet sets, I found Beastcaller once again struggle to reach 22/12 for both Ground Slam and Primal Bond, while Ghol now struggle to reach 22/12 for Rotting Fumes, and the item that added that 3 skill bonus is competing with the sets item slot. For Lost Soul sets, I check skill bonus reduction didn’t affected much, mostly because the reduced skill still have lots of option in their other slots to still reach 22/22.

My suggestion is:

• MI Scorpius Pummeler change the +3 to Blight Fiend to +3 to Rotting Fumes
  • M. Crimsonbriar Band OR M. Beastcaller’s Shoulderpads add +2 to Ground Slam
  • M. Overlord’s Iron Grip increase from +2 to +3 to Primal Bond

That’s fair.

Also, it seems that the 160 damage Summon Hellhound bonus on the beastcaller set either 3 or 4 piece isn’t there yet, is that removed based on the latest changelog?

• M. Crimsonbriar Band OR M. Beastcaller’s Shoulderpads add +2 to Ground Slam

I’d rather have the ground slam bonus on the ring if the intention is only to have one skill bonus on the set’s shoulders