Constellation guide for beginners?

Hi to all of you!

I know there is a guide " Devotions: A how-to on maximizing them", there is a section dedicated to beginners, called “CLICK THIS IF YOU’RE A BEGINNER - How to make devotions support themselves” but that section is, unfortunately, empty!

I would like to read about every individual constellation (not reading their properties only), I was trying to search for a similar document, like Halcyon did with skills here with “Beginner’s Guide to Skills” …

Thanks for tips in advance!

Until a proper guide like that is done, I recommend searching for a particular constellation on Grim Dawn’s Discord Grim Dawn You can learn a lot of tips / related mechanics details this way.

1 Like

Stupid_Dragon has retired from Grim Dawn, so i can’t say why that’s empty now, can speculate it got caught in the forum formatting change that altered html? code (i’m assuming it wasn’t always empty atleast)

i think that could easily be edited back into the guide tho if that’s an element that’s desired, we ping a moderator and ask permission to copy paste some relevant devo instructions perhaps?

to my knowledge that doesn’t exist so you’d have to make it (or convince someone else to)

i also think that might be slightly “extra” to the requirements or “needs” of understanding devotions or devo building as a beginner, seems like a lot of filler text for minimal utility (to the actual scope of building a good devo path)

1 Like

Making devotions support themselves is actually quite a simple operation.

First, you put enough points into what you need to gain the constellation. Second, after gaining the extra points from the constellation itself, you go to a respec NPC, go to devotions, and remove points from something you previously needed to reach the constellation you just finished, but don’t need any more.

1 Like

Voila! I’ve found, thanks to Wayback machine, what the section “CLICK THIS IF YOU’RE A BEGINNER - How to make devotions support themselves” contained before it got empited or corrupted…
It was a YouTube video, showing how reclaiming of a invested starting point(s) work.

The video is here, under this particular link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEbd1aQCSjg

@eisprinzessin would it be possible for you to edit back in the relevant video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEbd1aQCSjg to sir_spanksalot devo guide Devotions: A how-to on maximizing them as shown in Sir_Macs archived screenshot from above?

Temporary solution in Devotions: A how-to on maximizing them - #2 by eisprinzessin

2 Likes

And the video is back in the actual guide.

2 Likes