Conversion on Equipment and Buffs > Equipment, Auras and Passives...what does it actually mean?

What is the difference between buffs, passives, and auras?
And why does the term ‘equipment’ appears twice?

Buff takes effect after you press a button that they’re attached on. Passives work as long as you add the skill, aura is the same as a buff, but applies to every friendly unit in area.

Don’t understand what you mean with the equipment part.

Not trying to be condescending or snide, but to make it clear - How can conversion on equipment and buffs occur before equipment, auras, and passives?

Can you also give specific examples?

So I’m guessing PB is a buff, and IEE is an aura?

Also, would the conversion from beronath reforged occur before or after the conversion voidsteel gauntlets?

1. base damage
  2. +Damage
  3. conversion
  4. % bonus to damage type
    This is the order of damage scaling.

Buff: Pneumatic Burst
Aura: Blood of Dreeg
Passive: Dual Blades

Buffs never apply after bonusses. First equipment takes place. For example, if your equipment increases physical damage by 100% and something gives you +20 physical damage, your Forcewave will deal its damage + 20 + 100% more physical damage, therefore if Forcewave deals 180 physical damage and 12 pierce, it’ll deal 400 physical damage (180 + 20 + 100% = 200 + 200 = 400) and 12 pierce damage. Also, the +20 physical damage will be applied to Forcewave because it scales with your Weapon Damage.

Conversion takes effect all at once, and it doesn’t actually convert the damage, but makes a particular damage type scale with other damage type, for example, converting 100% of elemental damage to physical will make fire, lightning and cold damage gain bonusses from physical only and also will get reduced by armor and physical resist. Therefore, if you convert elemental to physical and physical to pierce, only the physical part will get changed and not the elemental -> physical.
In other words, if you convert Trozan’s Sky Shard’s damage to physical (by Beronath)
this particular damage won’t get changed ever again.

It appears twice because the first mention is for conversion the second is for damage modifiers

That is different. They sort of apply at once

Also try thisthread opened by jov and replied to by zantai.

Lo! I opened Pandora’s box, and the contents which has spilt forth defy the comprehension of my mortal mind.

Allow me to slowly work my way through this. :stuck_out_tongue:

Basically it’s about how elemental -> Something, goes before Fire/Cold/Lighting -> Something.

So if you hypothetically have 2 items that give you 40% elemental to Acid and 60% Cold to Acid you end up with:

40% Acid
+
60% X 60% (Remaining) = 36% Acid

for a total of 76% Cold to Acid.

This is for items so they are in the same conversion phase.

Since voidsteel modifies the skill to have the conversion, I assume the skill and hence voidsteel conversion goes first?

But isn’t this conversion from an equipment?

I’M SO CONFUSED.

EDIT: I understand how conversion works, and everything else in the order of conversion except for the last bit: Equipment and buffs vs. equipment, auras, and passives.

Can someone please expound on this: ‘It appears twice because the first mention is for conversion the second is for damage modifiers’

It does go first. Skill modifiers are basically the same as skill transmuters such as Frenetic Throw.

that makes sense.

Might help:

THAT. HELPED. SO. MUCH.

Bless your soul, sweet prince.

let’s sticky that:)

Repost that image here please:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52486

Done.
10/chars

Wait…so this explanation:
The order of events for Conversion is as follows: Base Skill > Skill Modifiers > Conversion on the Skill or Transmuter > Conversion on Equipment and Buffs > Equipment, Auras and Passives

means something like:
The order of events for Conversion AND BONUS is as follows: Base Skill BONUS > Skill Modifiers BONUS > Conversion on the Skill/SKILL MODIFIERS or Transmuter > ALL REMAINING CONVERSION > ALL REMAINING BONUS
?

no, transmuters are first, so are skill mods that totally change conversions

Now I’m confused. I thought you got the skill line bonuses before conversion.
So for example the +fire and +aether on Disintegration comes before the conversion from Tainted Power transmuter?