Crashing to desktop

I am experiencing crashes to desktop, sometimes quickly (within 15 mins) other times longer (at an hr or so). This is not temperature related as the CPU tDie isnt >70C. I have dump files of the crashes, which appear to be in unreal. My system is a 5800X no overclocking, 32 GB ram, 3080 graphics card. I am sure there is more information that might prove helpful, so what are the next steps?

1 Like

See Reporting Farthest Frontier Bugs (Please Read)

1. Game is crashing to desktop after playing for some time. can be as short as 15 mins.
  2. Build 0.8.3b
  3. Game files have been verified via steam client.
  4. sfscan ran without errors
  5. Dxdiag is here : DxDiag.txt - Google Drive
  6. Latest dmp file is here : Farthest Frontier.exe.2264.dmp - Google Drive

Well after an extended session of memory tests I believe I can say that it is my system and NOT your software. I made some tweaks to timings, and was able to play without issue.

Props to you! You are like the first person to come in here and actually do stress testing
and determine it is your hardware. So many come in and I tell them it is their PC and they
freak out and swear it has to be the game cause only this game causes crashes/freezes etc…

Just last week on steam a dude freaked out on me and starting cursing at me and doing personal
attacks lol Yet when I then asked him “How is it that 99+% of players do not see 20 second freezes/pause
every 5 minutes?” No reply to that. He still thinks it is the game even after I told him again to stress
test the hardware cause it sounds like a heat issue. Of course he still refuses to stress test.

oh well head in sand and no game joy for him lol

1 Like

Glad you figured out the root cause.

I have still not crashed since making changes to my system’s memory timings. I know that writing for a PC has a huge surface of configurations, and I commend your team for managing this. As much as I would like to blame you for my ills, I need evidence to support the claim. In searching for that evidence I found my hypothesis proved to be not true. We often learn more through failure than success.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.