Crate's next project, after Forgotten Gods; any hints whether it'll be a RPG at all?

Watched a vod of Zantai showing Shattered Realm, and it was mentioned that they could be doing something in a different genre as their next big thing after Forgotten Gods. Has anyone noticed elsewhere any other hints to what that’d be?

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66570

Very informative, thank you!

Also this even earlier thread.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48119&highlight=mountain+town

Medierra explains his reasoning on page 4.

This project has been playable for a while now, but is still not feature complete last we heard. The Christmas message was the last info we’ve had and everyone’s hoping that Medierra will be telling us more about it soon.

What other ideas/projects may be in the pipeline we don’t know yet, but the team have been working on GD for 6 years now and would like to try out some other genres. I can’t wait to see what they come up with. :slight_smile:

Thanks! interested to see what they make of an RTS. I hope that if it’s an RTS, that it’s something akin to Warcraft 3 in terms of narrative quality sprinkled with some RPG mechanics. Either way, I like the creativity in Grim Dawn so I look forward to see whatever it is that comes next.

A bit more info from the 5th October stream:

"kobrao :hows new project going @Medierra
Medierra :I think we’re getting close to being able to show more / announce the new game but we don’t have a website / marketing art or anything else set up… so much peripheral stuff you have to do beyond just making the game

drazac :so is the new game a city builder, or is it a strategy with city building elements
Crank9000 :Has there been any info what genre the new game is? There was talk about some kind of RTS around year ago or so
Medierra :its a town-builder with an optional combat element

genericvillain :Is it confirmed that their new project has anything to do with grim dawn?
Medierra :new project is not related to Grim Dawn

CepheidSauron :Any new projects you guys are working this year, except for the expansion?
Medierra :“new” project, which is about 2 years old now, is a town-builder done in Unity though… then we’ll be starting something else soon."