Crimson's Arcane Scepter and smart loot

I’ve started farming Sister Crimson for an Arcane Scepter thinking that getting lightning affixes would be easy after the introduction of smart loot, but I was wrong. For some reason the weapon almost always rolls with aether rolls, even though it obviously is a lightning based item. Does smart-loot interfere with it because of hybrid %, because I have yet to get a lightning and I got around 20 of them the last couple of days.

There is no smart loot in the game, it’s just RNG.

He’s referring to this:

1 Like

Then how come other MIs are way easier to farm with preferable rolls to their damage types on this patch, but this one isn’t.

Also @Relinfearous lol

1 Like

Let’s wait for :zantai: maybe he set Aether affixes to have bigger weights instead of Lightning by a mistake.
In the meantime you Undo could probably farm some more to be sure :wink:

1 Like

I know what he’s referring to. While the chances may be better, it’s still not smart loot in the sense it’s almost guaranteed you’ll get what you want.

But as tqfan said, it might be weighted incorrectly.

In a related vein, the Scorpius Pummeler appears to be weighted in an odd manner too. The weighting appears to be towards posion and acid damage affixes, but not towards pet affixes. As it’s a hybrid item (that’s really only going to be used by particular pet builds), I think this may merit an adjustment.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.