Dagallon, Barrelsmith, Runebinder

Hi everyone. I’m one of those 2000+ hours into the game/still discovering lotsa new things players.

I’ve noticed that three sets never seem used in any build posted here : Dagallon’s Destruction, and Barrelsmiths’s Destroyers.

Dagallon seems clearly tailored to a Purifier, and theoretically, it could serve as a basis for a Fire or Lightning build. However, I haven’t found a lot of Fire to Lightning conversion, whereas Lightning to Fire is fairly easy. So I suppose a Dagallon build would have to be Fire-based. So… Why is there none ? Are the other possibilities (Justicar Guard + Stronghlod of the Legion ?) just too strong ? Does Dagallon have fatal flaws I don’t see ?

As for the Barrelsmith, it’s oriented toward lightning and Demolitionist, so that would suggest Shaman. But, as we don’t have a 2-handed ranged, we’d have to give up some of the best Lightning damage sources from Shaman… Too bad. Alternately, an Inqui would support Lightning somewhat (and Fire to lightning conversion can be useful here). Again, why isn’t there any Barrelsmith Purifier build ? Or any Barrelsmith build at all ?

And finally the Runebinder. It gives some CDR which is consistent with its big bonuses to the Runes of Hagarrad and Kalastor, some elemental RR but no conversion, some piercing RR that doesn’t seem much use here, and the Runic Bolts AA seems decent. Some Health and Res, no CC res though, and no AdctH. Still it seems like it could be developed into something decent, either multi-elemental or single elemental. So… Why isn’t it featured in any build here (unless I missed it) ? Too weak offensively ? Not enough defenses (admittedly, the Inqui is fragile) ?

Puri Dagallon is very squishy, the dmg is acceptable (~120k dps). Valdun /caster Puri is far better than.
Barrelsmith is designed for a hybrid build, however its too weak for an auto attack. Sorcerer shines the best with this set (a caster).
Runebinder doesnt have any coversion, combine pierce/elemental dmg is a bad idea. Some builds use 4/5 set (minus the weapon) to get better result.

1 Like

I see, thank you. I think I’ll still try to make something with a Dagallon Purifier.

It was a good set til it received some nerfs, however still playable and can reach sr 65. (may be a few deaths). Fluff made a Cru build (a little outdated, but still valuable)

Dagallon is really strong, I have a version that is reliable in SR75-76 : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/L2JkyK4V with a 5:10 crucible run, it just uses too many greens.
Superfluff’s that is linked above should be tankier and safer.

Barrelsmith is in my opinion mostly a caster set, and a good one.