Damage conversion augments for weapons

Low x% damage converted to another damage for (some) weapon augments

LoL why are you opening new threads for requests in a row? I mean atleast work on them a little bit and use proper language to express your opinion atleast so people can take it seriously.

3 Likes

Youre right about the missing explanation with proper language. I usually i dont post on Ideas and Feedback, and i thought i want to be short and simple as possible.
And i didnt want to put them all together.
I will do that the next time.
Thanks for advise.

As far as I can predict Crate’s creative process, not happening.

Anyway, in my humble but very strong opinion, there are already too many conversions in GD. Example, everyone uses vitality devotions now. This kinda thing may result in nerfing things which for their respective dmg types aren’t op at all.

1 Like

It seems like the vitality use meta seems to be dictated by the CR speed running min/max players.

I could be really wrong but that’s what it seems like.

And you know what, nothing is wrong with that.

I won’t deny that adding more might make things super convoluted, even though I advocated for more conversions on multiple threads.

Crate found a better alternative and increased drop rates for 1.1.7 on magi rings.

1 Like

Yes and no. Those conversions are costly defense. Speedrunning players don’t look kindly at that.

But it works better than anything else. Crucible is a bit broken now. Builds that never failed now die every second time to weird cc and sudden debuff gang bangs. Even melee builds take Scales because what is active leech good for when you can eat 3 stuns within a second when unlucky? So, it’s good that Scales are there. It’s a bit cheesy but it’s forced on the meta, really.

Agreed. Most people auto-react like more conversions = more variety = yes gimme. But conversions don’t always increase variety. Example: shoulders and chest for cold casters with shaman or arcanist? The blue ones with lightning to cold. Take anything else and you lose dmg. Even worth breaking sets. Or there used to be a dozen good Silver Sentinel setups. Now, the only sane choice is Northern Wyrm because of the 50% pierce to cold.

And it’s the conversions that are to blame for the giants of oupiedness. Not the most nerfed stuff like Dying God or nightblade’s human racial. Cyclomentalist is 100% aether and 90% fire to lightning, Spite was basically 100% all dmg to pierce, Morgo is 100% acid and 50% lightning to cold (Morgo is a special case though).

Already too many. I wouldn’t start removing them but adding more general conversions isn’t good. In mods to certain skills however, by all means.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.