Damn it! Why there is no way to restart quest? (SPOILER ALERT! )

I just realize something is wrong with Barrowholm AFTER I be friend with them and start their mission. However I have no way to stop and the main quest line force me to continue doing their evil deed!

THIS IS SO FXXKING ANNOYING!

Is there really no way to restart? Or find another way to continue main quest? I don’t want to continue like this!

If you’re in Normal/Veteran/Elite, you can make the decision whether to befriend them or not again in the next difficulty up. If you’re on Ultimate, I don’t think there’s much you can do.

I continue my game on Ultimate, so there is no way I choose another way!

Now I’m really upset. It shouldn’t be like this!

It’s the same for all the factions where you can choose. So choose wisely young one. :wink:

If it annoys you so much then you’ll have to use either GDDefiler or GDStash can do it too I think to edit your character and change it. No way to do it ingame - you made your choice and you have to live with it. Or start another toon from scratch and play through again.

Am I supposed to become a murderer who slaughter entire village which I arrive first time without having any proof? I thought there is no harm to become friend first but NO! Become friend means MUST continue evil quest line! WTF is this?

I could be wrong but I believe editing this sort of thing screws with the difficulty world in which you ally to them similar to if you ally with Order/Kymon and then swap to the other faction via save editting as the faction’s allies don’t suddenly become enemies.

Edit: GD Stash will indeed not work.

Well, this game is supposed to penalize you for your choices, so… Also, it’s your fault for not checking around the area, talking with the NPCs around and such, as they give some hints about what Barrowholm is about (this talk about Wendigos is unsettling), and if I’m not mistaken, you can go hostile with them, but only before you progress further with this faction’s questline.

Lesson learned, I guess? Never rush through new content, or skip NPC dialogues that might give you some insight about the new areas and such.

Quite likely true Evil_Baka, but it’s the only option he has since he can’t change it any other way. And as it’s Ultimate difficulty it probably won’t screw up earlier decisions since he didn’t make them on Normal/Elite.

I did look around for a little. I admit I did not pay much attention but those lore did not give definite proof as well…I think. I do not want to be hostile just because of that. I knew faction before this are similar but they should improve the story!

And they should give us an option break into the cellar to learn the truth before the event or let us to kill them all after learn the truth or even better can rescue survivor in the cellar if there is any…

The funny part is that the OP actually went on his way to drop a negative review on Steam, because of this and because reading is too hard these days, LMAO!

I wonder if he also got pissed and dropped a bad review to the main game, when he picked other irreversible bad choices, like the one where you cause a guy to set his house on fire and kill his wife and daughter?

I wish Steam could mod these reviews or allow you to report reviews with false claims like this…

I have to be the only one who sided with them knowing that they were evil

I want to explore just how evil they are at first, I mean cannibalism is fine and all I want to meet the Ravager

Neither tool can edit quest tokens of a player.

Nope, I am here with you too, Cannibalism is okay when your getting loot why not food at the same time?

Nope I sided with them too, mostly because it’s Ultimate and I didn’t want to lose out on quite possibly necessary or useful augments and gear.

But yeah I was pretty pissed as I explored the entire area and then realized I was literally only siding with them so that they can give me stuff.

Also this pissed me off too even though I decided to not do what they were asking - They killed Larria, stupid bitch can’t even hide properly

I already know they are extremely dodgy by the way they speak when i encountered them, but meh they arent Cthonics or Aetherials, and they sell some stupidly good stuff.

I can’t be the only person who thought that Barrowholm was far too untouched and intact for it not to be suspect, hell the place set off every warning flag in my head that something was wrong the moment I passed the first house in the area.

Call me genre savvy from lots of horror/cosmic horror media and literature, but come on it HAD to be obvious to other people that something about the place is off.

really the only thing you missed out on is the usual equip/augments the real reason to side with them is to fight the Ravager, who’d most likely hand you your ass anyways.

Crate didn’t exactly made them very subtle. That recipe you can get from the chest near that chick (i forget her name) pretty much just gave everything away.

Thank you for the confirmation, I suspected Ravager can only be fought when sided with them. I assume some stupid Wendigo Nemesis will appear when we defy them

And yeah Crate didn’t make it subtle

1. Far too untouched
  2. The lady offering the soup felt off
  3. The recipe note
  4. The note just outside Barrowholm near some chest, when you pick it up a message flashes saying “Barrowholm seems to have a colorful history”

But they’re literal fools imo, I doubt that dumb dog they worship can do anything to influence the events to come. All they’re good for are trapping un-suspecting travelers, which is definitely bad but not as bad as summoning a Primordial whose name and intentions are shrouded in mystery and whose power is only surpassed by the Dead God (looking at you Kymon)

I’m fine with Cannibalism, but you need to be really good at preparing your meals otherwise you might get some nasty diseases. Especially when eating the brain, you get something called Kuru

I am almost at Barrowholm on a second char and going to antagonize them to see if Larria gives us more dialogue options

Honestlly… if Crate made the whole Barrowholm faction twist more obvious, it wouldn’t feel so impactful as it is.

When I first arrived at Barrowholm during testing, I knew something was off, although I didn’t really take it as if the people in there were “evil”… I could tell that there were some mistery involving this place, like, how do a small village like this remains so intact, in the middle of a jungle surrounded by cannibals, Wendigos, living plants and so on?

If you speak to the people around Barrowholm, you’ll hear how this Scorv guy miraculously arrived and then the village suddenly started to prosper so fast… then there is the people talking about “hunger” and Wendigos around the village… how more obvious could Crate have been (without ruining the dark secret of Barrowholm), that there is something VERY wrong with this place?

Honestly, I loved how they added this twist to the game, and I would really love to see more stuff like this added to GD in the future.

I wish they made it less obvious though. Can’t see how they can do that though, I did like the presentation but disappointed that yet another optional Super Boss is a massive prick