Damn it! Why there is no way to restart quest? (SPOILER ALERT! )

This is where i was at too, I told myself " This cant be right " So I walked around the town and talked to the npc’s… I got a good idea whats up. It was then I knew, I had found home :smiley:

So do you side with or against them to be able to fight the new superboss for that faction?
I sided with them on normal but I kinda want to see what’s in that basement so I don’t mind going against them on Elite and then making the best choice on Ult.

Are the augments and gear they offer even worth siding with them? )

Totally /10char

I can’t take anyone seriously who uses a loli as their Steam avatar. That being said, his “review” for Grim Dawn and Dragon’s Dogma makes me think this guy is completely brain dead.

Besides, not counting the lore, the dialogue with the townspeople is less than subtle. After the first two I spoke with, I started searching the town because I knew I was going to find something that would out them as evil.

Off topic a bit, am I the only one who is incredibly disappointed that the trader didn’t explode into a shower of items? I mean, this is the first time we get to kill a merchant and Crate passed up a golden opportunity here. If not to be useful, just for the show.

I believe Ravager is just like Mogdrogen, if you insult him he becomes hostile. There’s even an option for that when you get to talk to him, although I didn’t select it because at the time I didn’t want to die and lose exp.

The celestials are all pricks, why else do you think they sit on their asses and watching the world burn?

I ended up antagonizing the village’s leader on Elite and cleaned out the entire place.
For those interested: you get a key to the cellar to get an alternative way to finish the Fetish quest for the Coven, not much else is in there.

So from a gameplay perspective there doesn’t seem to be any real reason to do this, the negatives far outweigh the positives.
You lose access to the entire faction, the quests in the village that are worth a good chunk of XP, the faction quests and I assume the method to summon that new superboss.
If you want to do this to see what happens, you should definitely do it on normal.

So on Ult I’m definitely siding with them again even if that makes me a filthy cannibal-supporting stew eater.

I’ve heard that instead of getting a superboss, you get a nemesis by farming negative rep for the village. Not sure if true.

I don’t want to side with Barrowholm yet several builds I’m doing require some of their augments.

Pretty sure this will be the case, but just like Anasteria it might just turn out to be a boss you farm only for a single MI legendary. Not particularly worth it in Ultimate.

Yeah there definitely is a Nemesis rank for that faction if you go hostile.

He didn’t want to be evil? And he plays Grim Dawn? Every single faction is 10 shades of evil!
More than half of the class abilities are about ripping souls, draining life force and inflicting cruelty against man that should not be. Hell, a devotion skill makes you sacrifice a soul randomly to the void, for a measly 20% health gain. Pyromancers skill trees pretty much go from using kerosene to upgrade to white phosphorus (against human targets, especially), while praying to your god to let the enemy suffer a bit more. The skill trees in the occultist class can be summed up as " even other cultists think these disease are too much" and finally, you can make a pact with wendigo yourself AND it’s one of the best skills in the game.

I think that, like the comedy skit said, we might just be the bad guys but the grim dawn has muddied the waters of what is good and what is bad. After all, they can still be convinced to do a suicide charge against the Void should the bloodsworn decide to try again.