Death Knight in 1.1.9.4?

So, one of my friends who I used to play multiplayer with a few years back before AoM came out started playing the game again lately, to my great delight.

What he has at max level is a DK… and he’s not really looking to level up a new build from scratch at the moment, but his DK is SERIOUSLY outdated…

What is a recommendable, easy to play, melee DK build that’s effective in 1.1.9.4 now ?

We’re probably gonna run a bit of SR, a bit of crucible, but mostly campaign, maybe try some super bosses…

1 Like

Physical is super strong right now and that includes dk. So your usual cookie cutter cadence build going into warborn. Or blade arc into either rager or some custom setup. Even forcewave works now unless you have very high standards.

2 Likes

I don’t

Never made a Physical build since the 1.1.9.2 update. Is Dire bear a must now ?

1.1.9.2 phys is effectively the same as now so you won’t have problems building it. Dire bear is a must for non 2h builds imo while for 2h builds it depends but never hurts.

2 Likes

Sorry, I meant since BEFORE 1.1.9.2 … I think 1.1.9.0 was the last time I made one, and it used converted damage to bypass armor.

Never made one with the new mechanics, so I had no idea how effective Dire Bear is now.

2 Likes

Blitz Death Knight? Here’s some Warlord [1.1.9.2] Earthmover - Physical Blitz Warlord [4.30 Crucible] [SR100] [All Celestials]
Just rename it to Gravemover.

3 Likes

That looks super fun !

I think I’ll have to make a few different builds and make him choose.
S&B, 2-Hand, Blitz, Cadence, Blade Arc…

Dual Wield Cadence with full Warborn and Beronath, reforged in second hand, 3p Warborn & Leviathan Cadence aswell as 4p/5p Krieg + Celestial Halberd Blade Arc should still be very strong in patch 1.1.9.4.

2 Likes

I use AlkamosHater Forcewave deathknight, just change the points in Azrakaa and put them in Direbear.

1 Like

Physical is in good state for melee. If we disregard end game set/gear dependable builds like Warborn DW, I would say either Forcewave or Blade Arc going 2H. Blade Arc in particular is pretty easy to farm with budget weapon for leveling and it’s powerful. Then there are faction gear items available level 90+ but also during leveling. And on top of that it can create sense of progression farming better greens or having luck dropping legendary items. Forcewave also have budget MI weapon suitable for leveling and FW skill is evergreen classic for leveling any Soldier based build.

2 Likes

Thanks Nery

I should point out that I’m willing to hand him whatever he needs from my stuff, so end-game gear is on the table here. Apart from chimerical double rare MI and the Morgoneth set, I pretty much have everything, so there is no need for compromise.

1 Like

Not sure which one is better tbh. I know bloodrager is very strong for Witchblade/Warder Blade Arc and I assume it’s also strong on DK. Krieg is certainly easier to obtain though.

1 Like

Damage-wise the only thing stronger on blade arc dk than a bloodrager is a custom setup with all the blade arc MIs you can think of plus warborn helm.

2 Likes

mine is inspired from:

I have neither full Krieg or Bloodrager set (damn Krieg helmet!), so I ended mixing most related MIs indeed, and it’s working rather well. It’s still wip; lots of components are missing. I wish to improve tankiness, with more physical res and life steal.

edit: fixed link