Deer yet again

Spotted this spawn point near to where I wanted to start growing crops so instead of fencing in the crop field I decided to fence in the deer instead. Now the interesting thing about this is when I highlighted on the deer icon it showed no deer spawns at all, but I decided not to take the chance and fenced in what I think is a reasonable area to cover their spawn location. Once I started the fence being built, deer suddenly showed up spawning in that area; needless to say during the build some (most) of them ran out of the area, but eventually disappeared. Once the fence was complete no deer spawned again so I eventually unassigned the hunter there, but left the cabin just in case they did decide to spawn again. Now I see one deer outside the spawn area has appeared, but since it’s a long way from the spawn point have no idea where it came from as there are no other spawn locations nearby. I’ve assigned a hunter in the hopes they’ll get rid of the deer before they eat too many of my crops, but I’m getting really annoyed by deer in general in the game. They always seem to be near good areas for crop growing and trying to fence off large areas to keep them out - which never seems to work well as they run into the area I’m trying to fence off so have to keep selecting a farmer to chase them out again before the fence gets completed - before I can even start crop fields takes ages. I don’t remember it being this annoying/complicated during alpha testing so I can only guess something’s been changed along the way. Anyone else getting frustrated by deer v crop fields? I certainly am.

You can move spawn - Persistance of animal sighting icon - #13 by Mitr

I don’t think that’s the case here. The spawn location hasn’t moved; it’s still in the same place that I first saw it. And the hunter cabin wasn’t completed until after the fence was built because I had no labourers to clear the hunter’s cabin area of the rock that was there because they’d all turned into builders to build the fence. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

And now it’s disappeared completely.

Not as much as I’m frustrated by the vicious spawning of disease in my crop fields in my current game! Yes, deer getting into the fields is annoying. But I’ve put hunter cabins/lodges near my fields, selecting the field for the area of operation of the hunter (the circle). Deer damage is minimal. I’m losing way more to diseases.

1 Like

In a way yes until my fence are up. Hunter helped guarding it. Though in the game am playing now, the spawn is scarce in this one spot. Still 7.6 though.