Demolitionist 2h ranged second class?

I wouldn’t go Occultist myself, not much synergy between that and Demo. Soldier is good for tankiness or maybe Arcanist for more elemental damage. Shaman could also be a good choice.

Thanks for the replies, I will probably go with soldier for toughness, or try out arcanist. My first build(well if you could call it that lol) was a Warder so am familiar with soldier skills, but what is recommended for Arcanist?

I’d add in Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange, Star Pact since Demo doesn’t have an exclusive skill and Maiven’s Sphere of Protection. But my builds aren’t the greatest s maybe have a look here

Might have to adjust for missing devotions with only the base game, but could give you some guidance at least.

Wow thanks for the quick answer @medea_fleecestealer! Thanks I appreciate it.

There is no such 2H ranged demo build there though.

Then you haven’t included this one?

Again, would need some adjusting, but could point you in the right general direction.

but that is a caster not a 2H ranged build

if just “any kind of demo build that fits base game” then there are also chaos casters in that compendium :slight_smile:

1 Like

Inquisitor only.

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/1-1-3-0-1-1-7-2-2h-ranged-lets-bring-big-guns-to-the-battle-desolator-purifier-c-sr/82428/79

??? that build you linked to is not inquisitor only and is AoM (+FG) build

Yeah sorry @AngmarDT I only have base game + Crucible.

Ps seeing your user name are you a fellow Tolkiener?

The question is for second Mastery - for this the answer is only Inquisitor, so it is Purifier.

Overlooked the point is topic-starter does not have add-ons - i suggest you buy them both at your convenience as they add almost same amount of story together as the base game, as well as new items, masteries, quests, options, etc.

Did not play the 2h ranged myself before Ashes of Malmouth (adding Inquisitor and Necromancer ) were released :slight_smile:

Ok well if Inquisitor is a must than I may well start a blademaster build instead. Or just go with the soldier for some tank value. Yes I eventually plan on getting expansions but for now there is so much still to do and explore.

na, inquisitor is by no means a must. you can comfortably pair demo with occultist as you initially intended: you get curse of frailty for resistance reduction, solaels witchfire and/or possession for flat damage + attack speed plus blood of dreeg for a heal with physical resistance. and base ulzuins set converts chaos damage to fire.

arcanist could probably work as well as medea suggested (maybe reckless power instead of star pact). dunno about damage conversions here.

Hmmm @bdurruti this intrigues me more than a commando build does.:thinking: Question is do you recommend a 2h ranged pyromancer or go with dw pistols?

ulzuins set has a rifle, i’d probably go with that. i ran my old pyro with the pistols deviltongue and exterminus. not too sure about its performance in crucible, i think it could only do the 2nd difficulty there but then again i hardly min-max.

1 Like

Ok well I think I made up my mind, thanks man.

Base game, my only Gunslinger was Pyromancer. You have attack speed, heal, OA, physical resistance. In terms of damage your only boost is Vulnerability RR but overall I feel Occultist is gonna be my choice for support mastery if you don’t have access to Inquisitor.

1 Like

Inquisiitor offers:

• passive RR as exclusive skill - Aura of Censure
  • 3 WPS to add to Fire strike
  • heal + speed + defense + hp + extra racial damage + aether/chaos RR
  • passive attack speed and damage
  • proc on attack for increased damage
  • Inquisitor seal to protect you and damage your foes.

You are just deliberately gimping yourself by not taking add-ons now.

Everybody has already moved along with the add-ons, new content, bosses, Shattered Realms, Crucible arenas/foes, new sets, etc.

The whole game is being balanced around these two add-ons now.

Nobody gives advices on items/builds bss no-DLC game.

It does not cost that much to buy it and enjoy in full.

I see these questions quite often.

Several people above gave some advice

1 Like

It’s not a question of money, I thought I already stated that I will be buying it once I have played the base game enough. I don’t even have a build maxed yet which I want to do.