Devotions: pick constellation, then remove previous points used to get it. Intended or abuse?

Potion of Clarity? Didnt know that kind of potion exists. Damn , what game am I playing :slight_smile:

Oh nice thinking, I could use the potion of clarity instead of gdth since it kinda “forgets” the points spent in constellations’ abilities.

But yeah, I’m glad someone else has the same issue with that lol

That’s a VERY good idea and should be implemented as soon as possible!

THIS is intended? I thought it’s a bug.

TBH if this is intended, then completely remove any pre-requirements. It´s like enchanting armor with +8 stats gems only to equip a certain item and replace the gem afterwards.

Very inconsistent. Devotions need a check for requirements. 50 Points could be not enough but what´s the point of requirements when the abuse is intended?

How is that an abuse? There are requirements, you fullfil them. The manner doesn’t matter.

Quoted for Truth

Except it’s not an abuse, it’s how devotions are made. Don’t honestly see the problem with this.

Heck, when i noticed it for the first time i just thought it was a really cool mechanic.

Pfeeehehehe…

After I red this yesterday, I was prety upset about this mechnic. I always asked myself how to get those nice Tier3 Devotions with other good picks for survivability/damage. Picked my lvl80 hero, tried this, laughed out loud how happy I was and like it now.

I did not realize this was possible but I like it a lot!

Current devotion system is perfectly fine if you ask me. No need to casualize it to the ground. And about respec - it’s fine as it is too. Of course you need to spend a little more aether crystals to reallocate some points but ffs just go to warden lab, you’ll get more than 10 in 1 minute.

Why do I need aether crystals?

I thought going to the Spirit Guide let me reset Devotion SKill points or am I missing something?

You’re goddamn right, but it’s not free. You need a little iron and aether crystal per point.

I’ve been playing this game since B24 in EA and when Devotions came out, finding out that constellations can be self-sustaining made my day. This mechanic of Devotions is fun and entertaining because it makes players weigh out their choices and consider what constellations are useful and how to complete them and get the most out of them, adding more customization to your character. You know, that one thing RPGs are SUPPOSED TO GIVE.

This sums up my thoughts very well too. Devotions are one layer of differentiating every build or player’s choices from the next and can be rather challenging when it comes to choosing which ones to take for what bonuses and affinity to reach key devotions whilst removing less useful or redundant ones.

It’s mentally invigorating for those of us that try to get the most out of our characters if that makes any sense ;).

Self-sustaining constellations are fine, but requirement checks should be delayed until the player tries to close the window. The current implementation is just obscure and inconvenient for no clear reason, so it’s hard to believe that this was actually the devs’ intention.

The problem here isn’t the devotion system, it’s the respec system attached to it. Ergo the solution is this: remove individual devotion node reclaims and replace it with full respecs.

Also yes, this is an exploit (using a feature that’s intended to fix mistakes in order to gain an advantage instead is exploit abuse). An exploit that this forum abused to the point that it’s considered a “feature” now. Which also means it’ll likely never be fixed, because if it were, pre-fix “legacy” save files would spread faster than an undiscovered STD.

This is not an exploit and is working as intended.

It serves as a deeper means to fine tune builds for those that want to squeeze out the absolute maximum from the game. It is by no means a necessary tactic for success though.

LOL How does one even come up with that conclusion without much data to support that?

Thank you for clarifying this.

dumb question:
once the spirit guide is dead, how can i remove the points from the low tier constellations?

There’s another spirit guide in Coven of Ugdenbog. RIP Sahdina