Dev's of this game, please help!

I’ve hit walls when it came to modding but overcame them, but I have been to the moon and back when it comes to the game stopping every spawn possible as soon as you hit level 101+.
Could a Dev please let me know, is it possible at all for me to fix this situation?
have not had a single solution yet work by any member, even tried other mods that had level limit increases and even they did not spawn enemies.

I been to as many threads I could find on this subject, no one has been successful from what I have seen. IF it is possible to fix this problem, how , what files control this? I have already tried the whole proxy stuff and it did not work. Level limit layer in map editor etc.

Please help, can this even be accomplished?

nvm: figured it out FINALLY! lol

Okay, wow somewhat something… just tried a mod Grim legion, and amazingly “cold one” and “fury” were spawning on the map! nothing else. so just extracted this mod… really hoping I can see why these are actually spawning just fine.

oh my god… it worked, i edited the crystals proxy player level max to 200… the crystals are now spawning!! SO I do need to edit the proxy. finally a break through

As you may have surmised, the hardcoded default max level is 100 for monster pools.

This obviously does not impact the base game, but we’ll increase it to 200 in v1.1.9.0 so that manually editing all spawn pools in the game will not be necessary for mods that wish to raise the level cap substantially.

5 Likes

Oh thank you so much!! You saved me from editing 450+ proxy files lol. This makes me so happy :slight_smile:

1 Like

i second that, even if editors are good at multi find/replace , the chance to mistakenly change something or miss a not so obvious entry is high.

so, that a well appreciated change!

@DoubleCannon replace the ‘me’ with us :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you’re already changing it, why not bump it up to 1000 or more (unless this is technically not feasible because of the used data type)? :stuck_out_tongue:

Why? Unless you want to make tiers and tiers of new items for the higher levels there’d be no point. L94 gear will probably soon lose value when only a little past 100. At 1,000 or more you might as well run around naked for all the good those Legendaries would do you.

Lol! Yes if you are not adding new tiers of gear / affix etc. The game will become impossible as monsters keep scaling up and gear will stay stagnant. This is why I did a lv120 cap + changed experience formula and changed all bios for a totally new tougher experience. I only need to do 1 new tier.

Also monsters only scale to lv250. So say you had lv1000 hard coded player level, you would have to go change every max level to the bios.

For now this gives me time to make the new tier of stuff while I wait for 1.1.9 :slight_smile:

That would presume they are following the original game design.

I’m level 86 in my mod already and there are plenty of creatures that would require several hundred levels to defeat. It does include custom equipment, modified leveling scaling, static mobs etc.

Breaking these barriers does impose 2 problems that could probably be resolved more easily.

Always Aggro Option: Boolean True/False (So mobs would attack regardless of the level disparity)
Forced Pool Activation: Boolean True/False (Event or Pool will occur regardless of level disparity)

You share your mod?