Diablo IV official cinematic/gameplay trailer

Rhykker posted videos on Diablo IV and Diablo 2 remastered rumors.

Are you happy about the new quarterly update?

I like the changes to itemization and skill system - they seem less gimmicky than before but possible to support multiple builds thanks to

• skill modifiers that you activate by meeting stat thresh-holds
  • unique items that have fixed stat types
  • legendary bonuses each of which seems to be able to occur on various item types

Could it be possible for Diablo 4 to be playable during short breaks from Grim Dawn / Town Builder when tired of building characters / cities? However I’m not an expert at this and my expectations might have been lowered by David Kim who seems to have fled to WoW to balance some numbers, possibly overwhelmed by the task of designing the game from scratch.

Diablo IV is starting to feel like what Diablo 3 should’ve been in the first place.

Love the fact that stat distribution is back and how they’re making it more dynamic, depending which class you pick.

Speaking of stats, they seem to have removed Vitality as a stat, which probably means HP will be increased as you level up and each class will have a fixed HP gain on level up. I think this is a interesting change and might be a way to fix the “stat for gear/rest on vit” issue D2 had.

I actually might gave Blizzard a chance this time around, but I’ll wait for more updates before getting blindly hyped.

1 Like

Yeah, This certainly sounds better then D3, Hopefully Blizzard has learnt from some of its mistakes.

But I also will wait for more updates. Just a pity that they messed up D3 to begin with.

how was the state of various hackslashloot arpg communities in the years nearing diablo 3 release? are they filled with great build theories and exploits? or are the gamers indifferent about making min max build theories, and just play like they want without enough valid information to make the best of their preferred builds?

for example, i’m sure there are a lot of titan quest players who didn’t know the importance of resist reductions and its complex stacking mechanics back in the 2005-2015.