Diablo refugee reporting in

Hello all! Just recently picked this game up in search of another ARPG to play since I’m worn out on D3 and I am LOVING it. Grim Dawn was the absolute perfect game that I was searching for. I can’t wait to pick up the expansions when I get paid!

Anyway, it’s nice to meet you all and I’ll be seeing you around.

Don’t you have a mobile phone?!

xD

Welcome to Grim Dawn, an ARPG made by and for ARPG fans!

LOL yup and I don’t want to waste my time draining my phone battery on a crappy cash grab. Crate is amazing for creating this game and all of it’s content. I will be purchasing all future content.

Welcome!
Enjoy the best ARPG of this decade.

Refugees from all ARPGs are welcome here :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome to the game and to the forum. :slight_smile:

Furture content: Well so far we have the Ashes of Malmouth expansion and the Crucible battle arena add on which is separate from the main game.

In future there’ll be the second expansion “Forgotten Gods” which is due out some time in 1st quarter of 2019 and then there’s Crate’s other project - a town builder with some combat elements which hopefully we’ll be hearing more about soon. So a lot to look forward to.

You can also buy Steam Loyalist pack to get some more transmogs and thus contribute to Zantai’s armada of yachts!

Thanks guys! Really looking forward to this game and all it has to offer.

I wanted this to be my line but you were faster than me. You made yourself an enemy today sir! Also welcome to the newcomer, i played a lot of d3 back in the days. Not that i’m proud of it.

Welcome! Hope you stick around to try FG

Welcome onboard! Ashes of Malmouth was the first expansion but the second one - Forgotten Gods is around the corner (almost).

The expansion is a huge improvement to the game, and the next expansion will be even more so. I don’t like to hype titles but this time around it’s a great investment.

I just read a little bit about the new expansion. Is the new class essentially a paladin? Like a knight or something?

It’s a shield based holy warrior type mastery with Crate’s usual twist given to it.

From the 14th September stream:

"gilavar: acid seems off the theme with OK

Depends on how you look at it I guess. I suggest you read our preview of the Oathkeeper mastery because that is actually exactly what we were going for when we came up with this mastery. We kinda though like acid could use more skill options, but a shield mastery is kind of a logical next step. So how do we combine those two things. And then of course there’s the Paladin theme we really like, and then it hit us. Paladins in the traditional sense are holy warriors, but Paladins as seen in the past kind of depends on which god you’re worshipping so that’s how we came up with the Oathkeeper design. Like Oathkeepers are bound to the gods, but it really depends on which god you’re worshipping. If you worship Empyrion then you might be a righteous holy warrior sending fire down upon your enemies. But if you bind yourself to the Witch Gods that’s a different story and that’s how we get all this acid theme where you bind yourself to Dreeg, the Great Guardian."

More like a knight. Don´t say paladin, or IT will come.

Grim Misadventure #145 introduced the paladin, have a look. The following GMs are worth a read also. Here is a video a the developer stream, in which Zantai explains the new mastery in great detail.

Oops. Forgot the video link. Fixed. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh thats too unimaginative. Its essentially an oathkeeper. A class that looks like an oathkeeper and has oathkeeper skills. Maybe some others you can recognize too. Like whirlwind cyclone eye of reckoning, or dual wielding throwing shields pantless shirtless.

See dev updates #1 and #2 too

Dude you totally made everyone’s day by mentioning the holiest of the names. Paladin is essentially the most sought after class combo in Grim Dawn history as evidenced in the love it gets in this forum. Unlike the Crusader in D3, Crate Entertainment’s take on the holy class is the best one yet to come in any Arpg!

Paladin is essentially, as others may have mentioned , is the divine combination of Inquisitor class + the Oathkeeper. You would not want to miss the core feature of Forgotten Gods expansion: the almighty holy knight- Paladins! You can never go wrong in this class. There is no better way to slay putrid monsters in style!

Welcome once again and looking forward to see you around with us sporting your very own paladin builds! :cool:

You’ll have to forgive el critico, he’s a bit Paladin biased. :smiley:

Nah man, I’m really loving the energy of this community. The passion is huge from both the developers and the player base, it’s pretty incredible.

I’ve always enjoyed playing both evil type warriors (death knights, occultists, etc) and holy type warriors (paladin, crusader, etc). So this is fantastic news to me, I can’t wait to check out the new expansion when it comes out. I’m hyped af for it.

Yeah, but you haven’t had to listen to him going on about Paladins for the last 9 months. :wink: