Difficulty of Last Two FG Bosses

How is it unavailable? New players learn the same way everyone else does, by playing the game. Do you think we had a wealth of knowledge when the game first came out on early access? No, we just had to fool around, try things out, etc, etc, to learn how everything worked.

These are your words and I say they’re simply not true.

Lets just leave it there then. After all my comparison to other games and to some imaginary state of GD which would be user-friendly enough is also subjective. Here is my final bit of personal experience. I usually enjoy unriddling the game, understanding how everything works. In GD i’ve spent too much time on it, far too much. I wish i didn’t have to.

I personally don’t think those 2 specific bosses are too strong. out of all Bosses from the Story (even on Ultimate) they feel pretty easy, like i dread facing kuba or grava’thul on normal/elite more then Kymon/Korvaak on Ultimate. idk if the info on Grimtools is correct but if Korvaak is meant to be a Super Boss then he needs some Buffs actually because every other Super Boss is ALOT deadlier then him.

Which other Games if i may ask? Because i quite can’t grasp how Grim Dawn could feel user unfriendly especially when having played other games of the same genre.

except for the somewhat confusing interactions with the tooltips and the item’s skill modifiers that sometimes work and sometimes not, i don’t think there is something truely unfriendly in this Game

I highly doubt he’s intended to be in the same league as the other superbosses as he’s a story boss so is designed by Crate to be beaten in the same way as Loghorrean/Theodin.

On the other hand, the likes of Mogdrogen, Ravager, Callagadra, Lokarr etc. are all entirely optional so they are not bound by this restriction.

2 Likes

This was my initial point - for being main campaign bosses FK and the last manifestation of Korvaak are a bit overpowered, and I’d like to see them toned down a bit. I offered a few suggestions, but that’s all I’m really asking for. Right now, I don’t feel a deep need to test my builds against the super bosses; I just want to finish the main campaign.

I still think/feel like Kymon and Korvaak in comparison to the other Story Bosses are waaay easier but this may also be reliant due to the FG content made like widely scaling in levels and stats. you can already access FG content after killing Krieg while AoM requires you to beat loghorrean first which is a huge gap.

and if a barely 15k hp blademaster running full offensive devotions and just literally every random green armor&jewellery drop for resistances (maybe some faction stuff aswell but nothing bigger then that) and can pretty much facetank dps Korvaak down i just can’t agree on @Sun_Monster’s Statement of them being too strong

I don’t think they’re overpowered at all. I think they’re pretty fair fights that can be some of the most challenging non-Nemesis/Superboss encounters in the main campaign.

Where would you rate encounters like Gargabol, Kra’Vall, Ramzul, Overlord van Aldritch and his Councilman compared to Kymon or Korvaak?

Last two games of the same genre i played till endgame - Warframe and PoE. Both were easier to learn.

If you think that Korvaak is harder to learn than Hydrolyst or Kitava, I legitimately don’t know what to tell you.

2 Likes

And what made you jump to that conclusion? Is reading what was written a lost knowledge in this forum? It often seems it is. Besides Hydrolyst is basically the last stage of the separate gamemode. Korvaak is just one boss. How can you compare them? If you want to put words into someone’s mouth at least do it elegantly.

Exactly my reaction after seeing your comment.

was about to reply the same xD

idk man, PoE is like God tier level of masochism and sadism. if you think PoE is easy then you shouldn’t have any Problem’s in Grim Dawn atleast not with the regular Bosses and especially not against Korvaak.

like i said facetanked him on ultimate with a 15k hp blademaster running a AQC centered build with 2x dermapteran Slicer MI and mistborn talisman for the weapon attack replacer. the rest of the gear was jsut a mix of about everything to overcap resistances and get atleast some hp (because i dropped like every point into cunning lol) but had little to nothing Damage wise impact and the fight didn’t took more then a couple of minutes.

I mean…

So let’s reevaluate.

With Korvaak, you have the opportunity to look at the PFX of the hits you’re taking to determine what damage types are being thrown out. Korvaak possesses no mechanical things to interact with beyond simply applying damage yourself, howsoever you may do so. There isn’t really a whole lot to learn. Literally, all you have to do is not get hit.

yipkEQU

Meanwhile in Path of Exile, you do not get damage type feedback…at all. Frankly, I don’t even know what damage Kitava does. I assume Physical, Fire, and Physical Degen, but I don’t know that as fact. Kitava also bathes his entire arena in damage that is not easily avoided without prior knowledge of telegraphs or audio cues - especially so for Shamans of the Feast.

The Hydrolyst, likewise, gives very little indication as to what you’re supposed to do at virtually any period of the fight. What’s up with those orbs in the sky? What’re those portals for? Where’s that swamp coming from?

I pick these things over others because, like Korvaak, they are the “final” content of progression in their respective games. The super bosses in GD are entirely optional, but Kitava is literally part of the questline and the Hydrolyst is part of both Nightwave and your Focus progression/Arcane progression.

I seriously question how you can figure out the above fights or believe them to be easier to learn as opposed to Korvaak.

3 Likes

you forgot the most dangerous part. the chaos damage which his most dangerous attack is based on (referred as x-strike by many) :wink:

There are several parts of the game that the difficulty curve is stupid. Unless you play hardcore just accept many one shot deaths and move on. FYI farming bosses is pointless (the devs didn’t want a D2 formula). Beat them and move on. I’d stay far away from Mogdrogen, and the Ravenger (guy in barrowholm), Uber boss in new act sandy area, Lokar (if his quest isn’t bugged like mine). Those fights that are stupid. The numerous clones of John bourbon can be done easy enough but not worth the eyeball suit.

Sorry to disappoint you but that wall of text is wasted and all i can do is again to recommend reading what’s written. You are arguing with the points i didn’t make as if i made them and i’m not fond of that. Nowhere did i compare any specific fights to each other, it’s just wrong on so many levels, in my opinion.

Those games were easier for me to learn. Gaining knowledge required to finish MC and succeed in endgame was easier for me there.

Such as?

You have…twice! Most recently in this latest post of yours!

Is it the fact that I’ve named examples of endgame fights that so triggers you? Would you perhaps rather we compare Korvaak to, say, Depraved Trinity? Or is that also too far beyond your endgame? Or maybe your endgame is even more endgame - was Shaper/Elder easier to learn?

2 Likes

Imo Kymon is too fat. And he doesn’t get any thinner once he belly-pukes so wtf! And Korvaak talks too much. Whatever happened to strong silent type of villains?

Last but not least, Sister Crimson should be spelled with K like “Krimson.” So they can make a proper KKK club.

3 Likes